Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions

Jackmd brought this up, sort of, on another thread, but I thought it might deserve it's own. There is no question that the men's team is in for a long year. How long? How many wins do you seriously see this team winning? I am curious to find out what the feeling is out there about expectations this year. I know everyone is in if for the long haul, and you are fans no matter what, etc., but what are your predictions on total wins this year?

Re: Predictions

I'll start it with 14 on the year. C'mon Jacks prove me wrong!!

Comment

I'm hoping for a .500 winning percentage this year :-/

Comment

I'm on a limb with 18 wins.  That would be beating every school we should (below us in division, basketball quality, etc.), NDSU once or twice, and a couple of the Division 1 opponents.  We will get hammered a couple of times there is no doubt (possibly tonight), but by the end of the year i think we could knock off some D1 schools.  

I just looked at the schedule again and i would be very happy with 18 wins. :-/
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

16 with 4 D-I wins.

Comment

Men 11 wins and Women 14. I just can't see our men beating a DI team with the exception of NDSU at home. I think some of the DII teams like Michigan Tech will give us problems. The women will beat all DII and may just knock off some of the mid-majors that we are playing.

Comment

My prediction is that the women will win 20. According to some of the ratings systems that ranked all classifications together last year SDSU women were in the top 100.

For the men, I predict they will win 15. I think the independent tournament at the end is mainly lower divdision schools. And they will pick off a few division one opponents.

Comment

Too hard to predict a solid number right now. Any win over a DI opponent will be a huge upset for the opposing team, that said, I think it could happen. I don't expect any DI wins this season and anyone who does is not being realistic. This is a top 20 DII team that lost its 2 best players, no way it can be expected to compete at the DI level.

This year is a transitional year and nothing more. Its about the institution and its supporters demonstrating a commitment to the move to DI. When we show everyone that we are willing to stick with this program despite a rough first year we will then measure our success. Wins and losses are just that.

Lets give Butler a game tonight, all I ask.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Jack MD
                  i wouldn't say not being realistic to expect a couple D1 victories. For goodness sake UMKC just lost to an NAIA school, i would think we would at least stand a chance.
                  Is that unrealistic?
                  I would say anyone that doesn't expect one is being a little too conservative. :-/
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I'll say 12 wins for the men (it'll be tough with just 9 players, weak guard play, and thin post play) and 18 or 19 wins for the women. I think the women will provide us with most of the big wins this year, but the men will be much improved next year. We've got great coaches and the programs have bright futures. It'll take a little time.

Patience.

Comment

I predict 16 wins for the mens. I think, much like our football team, we use a bad defeat as a learning tool and Nagy finds a way (again) to get the most out of his players. We shoot well one night and catch a team by surprise and we get a couple DI wins. That's my thoughts.

The women are more established as a unit and that will come in handy. I see them getting close to the 20 win mark. They should be able to handle the mid-major teams with at least a .500 record. Time will tell.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I think we will get a couple of D1 wins and end up in the 14 or 15 win column. anything over that is gravy this year.

On another note- our womens team will be over 20 wins with some wins against major teams.

Comment

Working...
                        X