2014 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruits

I just hope he doesn't do the pick the hat thing. That's incredibly lame.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Or it could be a sign that the kid is a little full of himself? You see this happen with big name schools like Kansas, UNC, Duke, ect and with 4 or 5 star recruits. Not with schools like Albany and UW Milwaukee and 2 star recruits. But anyways its pretty neat that SDSU is involved. Hope he picks the Jacks!
      Or it could be that he's had multiple media outlets inquiring about his decision and rather than call them individually, it's easier just to have them all meet up and tell them all at once. This way, he doesn't have to prioritize who to give the information to first.

As long as he doesn't do his presser in a douche way (i.e. Jimmy Claussen anouncing his college choice at the College Football Hall of Fame), I doubt this says anything about his character.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Or it could be that he's had multiple media outlets inquiring about his decision and rather than call them individually, it's easier just to have them all meet up and tell them all at once. This way, he doesn't have to prioritize who to give the information to first.

As long as he doesn't do his presser in a douche way (i.e. Jimmy Claussen anouncing his college choice at the College Football Hall of Fame), I doubt this says anything about his character.
        Or he starts it with 'Ill be taking my talents to...'
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Or he starts it with 'Ill be taking my talents to...'
          It could be worse. He could start with "I'll be taking my limited ability and marginal work ethic to...".
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            It could be worse. He could start with "I'll be taking my limited ability and marginal work ethic to...".
            LOL "I'll be dragging my lazy arse to..."

Comment

TV just retweeted: Congrats to senior captain Ian Theisen on his commitment to South Dakota State! #jacks
              I believe this makes our third verbal for the class of 14 leaving just one more spot open now.
              Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                TV just retweeted: Congrats to senior captain Ian Theisen on his commitment to South Dakota State! #jacks
                I believe this makes our third verbal for the class of 14 leaving just one more spot open now.
                6-9 at 225 going into his senior year. He may still grow a bit and he should easily put on some muscle. It appears that Northern Colorado and Drake were in the hunt for Ian as well. Welcome to another Jack.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This looks like a great get, Ian is listed as a 2-Star on ESPN....http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...85/ian-theisen

Two athletic 6'9 guys that can shoot from long range along with a prototypical 6'5 shooting guard make for a very good class so far. It will be interesting to see who we go after now, I'm kind of hoping for an athletic PG. Heck maybe Theisen can convince his teammate Wheeler Baker to come along with him, although he is listed as a SG.

More than likely this is going to be the second straight year where we fill out a 4 man recruiting class before we even play our first game. Having only one scholarship left should help us in speeding along the process with our remaining targets. It's amazing how much winning changes recruiting, it was just a few years ago when we couldn't get a recruit until the end of the spring semester.

Comment

This is the kind of good news we needed tonight.

According to this interview from August he sounded VERY high on Drake and said he was going to wait until November to commit.

http://hot100hoops.com/index.php?opt...=86&Itemid=565

Comment

I'm about as surprised we landed this guy as I was when I saw Sdsu had -32. This class is looking monstrous. Have plenty of talent at the 2/3 now Daum and Thiesen. A good point guard would be near perfect, wonder if Nagy want to turn that Stull guy into a big point if he commits..

Comment

SDSU does have an offer out to Ian Theisen's his HS teammate Wheeler Baker a 6'1" SG SDSU has been known to target HS teammates in the past

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          SDSU does have an offer out to Ian Theisen's his HS teammate Wheeler Baker a 6'1" SG SDSU has been known to target HS teammates in the past
                          Long way from playing football players, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                            I'm about as surprised we landed this guy as I was when I saw Sdsu had -32. This class is looking monstrous. Have plenty of talent at the 2/3 now Daum and Thiesen. A good point guard would be near perfect, wonder if Nagy want to turn that Stull guy into a big point if he commits..
                            I saw on Twitter that Stull committed to UWM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Really excited about the verbal from Ian Theisen. Big kid with soft hands and good touch around the rim. Also, he is a coach's son with a high basketball IQ.

Here is some video of him along with teammates Wheeler Baker (offer) and Bridgeport Tussler (Redshirt on Jacks football team):

And of a nice alley oop dunk:
                              http://www.ihigh.com/mnscore/video_917147.html
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                                This looks like a great get, Ian is listed as a 2-Star on ESPN....http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...85/ian-theisen

Two athletic 6'9 guys that can shoot from long range along with a prototypical 6'5 shooting guard make for a very good class so far. It will be interesting to see who we go after now, I'm kind of hoping for an athletic PG. Heck maybe Theisen can convince his teammate Wheeler Baker to come along with him, although he is listed as a SG.

More than likely this is going to be the second straight year where we fill out a 4 man recruiting class before we even play our first game. Having only one scholarship left should help us in speeding along the process with our remaining targets. It's amazing how much winning changes recruiting, it was just a few years ago when we couldn't get a recruit until the end of the spring semester.
                                How about considering an offer to Ian's other D1 teammate, Jordan Dembley. Dembley just transferred to Osseo this year and has played with Ian in AAU ball. According to Southeast's link in hot100hoops.com, Dembley is a pass first point guard. The kid is 6'1" and has offers from numerous mid-majors including New Mexico State, Green Bay, Buffalo, and Wyoming.

Comment

Working...
                                X