Nate Wolter's back injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Wolter's back injury

Everybody I see wants to talk about the game Saturday and they are very complimentary about the Jackrabbits play the first 30 mins. Then the conversation turns to the short bench and the fact the Jacks hit the wall against an athletic Murray St. team. Then, everyone wants to know about Nate's injury.

I haven't heard anything more. Anybody else with any insight? It was a nasty fall and had to leave a pretty serious mark.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Nate Wolter's back injury

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Everybody I see wants to talk about the game Saturday and they are very complimentary about the Jackrabbits play the first 30 mins. Then the conversation turns to the short bench and the fact the Jacks hit the wall against an athletic Murray St. team. Then, everyone wants to know about Nate's injury.

I haven't heard anything more. Anybody else with any insight? It was a nasty fall and had to leave a pretty serious mark.
    I was wondering too, hopefully no news is good news with his back. We have heard that Parks from WIU is hurting so that will be something to follow also. tough to be the top teams and your stars get hurt and limp into the tourny. NDSU if bruan doesnt come back or get back into the flow of it will be having a hard time in SF too. Oakland if aviods injury might have a good chance. Its tough to go so long into the season with out some guys getting pretty dinged up.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This would be a fine time for Bittle to come back. That was the rumor a few days ago.

We just need to find a way to win at Omaha and then there is a nice long break for Nate to heal up. How much would Wolters be needed in the opening game if we are playing IUPUI (#8)? If Bittle is healthy I bet Nate could spend half of that game on the bench - maybe more. Get that #1 seed!

Comment

Does Cubby's still host a coaches show on Monday nights?

Might get an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          Does Cubby's still host a coaches show on Monday nights?

Might get an update.
          Good thought, 5 pm tonight I think. Keep me updated, I'll be working.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

6 p.m. I'll be there and will post any comments re this thread, if somebody doesn't beat me to it (I only post from my computer at home).

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              This would be a fine time for Bittle to come back. That was the rumor a few days ago.

We just need to find a way to win at Omaha and then there is a nice long break for Nate to heal up. How much would Wolters be needed in the opening game if we are playing IUPUI (#8)? If Bittle is healthy I bet Nate could spend half of that game on the bench - maybe more. Get that #1 seed!
              that is why this game at omaha not to say it again, but it is, truly the biggest game of the year. a win and essentially a bye game during the first day of the tourney. 2nd seed and honestly it could be a huge challenge depending how the seeding plays out. man i can not wait for them to hopefully beat omaha and lock up that 1 seed like the women have. also. cant wait for the tourney and hope Wolters is gonna be healed up.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Nate did not practice, but he is OK according to Nagy
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Nagy on Wolters' back: Says he's fine. Didn't practice today. Was precautionary. Says it's a good day to take off and rest his legs. He'll be okay and ready to go.

Bittle: Cast is off, but will not be able to play Thursday. Hopefully cleared by Saturday and be ready for the tournament.

Comment

Nothing about Nate's back yet, but Jackrabbit Extra continues to suck.

"He's fine, he didn't practice today, it's just precautionary, but it's probably good for him to give his legs a rest." - Nagy (paraphrase).

And . . . Jackrabbit Extra's gone again.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Give him the remote and a fresh box of Cptn Crunch and he will be fine! (Fingers crossed)

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        Give him the remote and a fresh box of Cptn Crunch and he will be fine! (Fingers crossed)
                        Lets hope this was just a bruise that he experienced.

Comment

Sounds like he will go tomorrow, not sure if he will play the whole game. Likely that once he gets loose he'll feel the best so keeping him out there might be the best option. Have to see how he feels after the half.

Comment

Working...
                          X