Bus rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus rides

A post last night on Racer Nation reported that the Jackrabbits had traveled by bus from Brookings to Murray & back. That is quite a haul for an elite quality hoops team. Murray takes a lot of bus rides, too, but most are in the 200 mile or less category. I was rather hoping to see a series of H&H Murray/SDSU games but that kind of travel takes an enormous toll on even the youngest and fittest of us all. Some Racer fans will be talking such a series up with the AD and I would hope that like-minded Rabbit fans would do likewise in Brookings. You made a lot of friends yesterday. Highest quality competition, sportsmanship and toughness. Football, too?

Re: Bus rides

Originally posted by cowboyracer43 View Post
    A post last night on Racer Nation reported that the Jackrabbits had traveled by bus from Brookings to Murray & back. That is quite a haul for an elite quality hoops team. Murray takes a lot of bus rides, too, but most are in the 200 mile or less category. I was rather hoping to see a series of H&H Murray/SDSU games but that kind of travel takes an enormous toll on even the youngest and fittest of us all. Some Racer fans will be talking such a series up with the AD and I would hope that like-minded Rabbit fans would do likewise in Brookings. You made a lot of friends yesterday. Highest quality competition, sportsmanship and toughness. Football, too?
    About 100% certain that is not true. I believe after the game in Bakersfield on Wed night they boarded a plane. Not sure where they flew into...but they didn't bus from Brookings.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      About 100% certain that is not true. I believe after the game in Bakersfield on Wed night they boarded a plane. Not sure where they flew into...but they didn't bus from Brookings.
      Flew into Nashville and then bussed to Murray.
      Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyracer43 View Post
        I agree and the sooner we can work out a deal to do this more often, the better off we (SDSU) will be. You can fly into Sioux Falls, likely through Chicago or Minneapolis and we are short 50 mile bus ride up the interstate. Brookings (home to SDSU) is also upgrading their airport in the very near future. You are welcome to become regular guests (in MBB, WBB and FB) and we would be foolish not to reciprocate. Good luck Racers!

Comment

Always been surprised that we haven't worked out any home/home FB games with OVC schools. As an adjacent, overlapping FB conference, seems that OVC would be desiring playing Jacks in FB. Almost always a guaranteed "quality" FCS game for the OVC school.

Comment

Working...
          X