Tony Fiegen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Fiegen

What's wrong with him? He's either injured and nobody's talking or he needs to step it up in a big way. I believe he has nine points in the last three games combined. Nowhere near good enough. What's the deal? Ready...discuss.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Re: Tony Fiegen

Play Marcus!

Comment

Not sure this deserves a separate thread - All the other starters not named Nate have struggled far more than Tony for longer stretches throughout the season. The reason Tony's struggles are more obvious is that he and Nate have been the most consistent all season. That being said,the Jacks do need to get more from Tony. His struggles started a week ago against Parks,who is the best big man in the league. Since then,it appears to me that he is a little hesitant to take it strong to the basket and is settling for more jump shots. We still need the toughness,defense and rebounding Tony provides. Hopefully all the down time in the next two weeks allows him to work on getting his confidence back in his offensive game.

Comment

He'll be fine, just in a little bit of a funk. He's saving it for the tournament!
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Why is it because one player is down in making baskets and stops, it becomes a crisis and also sorts of hand ringing starts and does not stop until we have an answer? Mr. Fiegen deserves better from us. There is nothing here to figure out. The ball did not go down for Tony last night. End of story. Correction, he did get two buckets in the second half and a bunch of rebounds. The entire team just ran out of gas. I thought the ESPN2 guy was making excuses, but after thought, he was spot on.

Comment

Tony works his butt off and puts his all into the game, he's struggling right now but his hard work will get him through it and he'll be alright. You people get after coaches, players , and others without having alot invested in it.

Comment

Tony has been struggling on the offensive end but his rebounding and defense is one of the main reasons State made a run last night. When Tony was subbed out in the first half, Murray State started a run with the help of some offensive rebounds.

Yes, he needs to help out offensively more, but you could say that about most of the team throughout the year except Nate. The kid works his butt off underneath.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
                Tony works his butt off and puts his all into the game, he's struggling right now but his hard work will get him through it and he'll be alright. You people get after coaches, players , and others without having alot invested in it.
                Yup,
                I think we are all forgetting what Tony is bringing on the defensive side of things, which is very important. That being said, I think Tony would benifit form being spelled by Marcus.

play Marcus.

I'm not trying to take away from tony or what he has done or his efforts. I think there are time where he and the team would benefit from more from Marcus.

Comment

The only thing that really bugs me lately is that he seems to get too far underneath the basket and still forces up a shot to no avail which leads to a fastbreak by the opposing team. It gets quite old. Kick it out or don't get caught underneath the basket.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I'll take Fiegen on my team any year. There is not a stat in the box score for toughness and he brings that. He's really an undersized post trying to score against bigger and more athletic players. Because of that he is going to have some games where the offensive opportunities aren't there or go his way. Fiegen will be just fine.

Comment

I don't want to be guilty of "making excuses" as one might think we are doing looking back on last nights conversations during the game. HOW EV ER - I though the play last night was allowed to get pretty physical, especially underneath - which obviously didn't weigh in our favor. There were a couple of times that Tony had the ball underneath and got pushed around quite a bit.

I also thought judging by Nate's body language a couple of times, he was asking for the refs to step in. I have no problem that they allowed them to play - I would accept that 10 out of 10 times versus the opposite, but I think it affected our guys more than it affected Murray State.

Tony is a workhorse and is in something of a funk right now. I'm hoping he can bust out against Omaha and tune up for the tourney in Sioux Falls. Quite a difference between Murray, Kentucky and Sioux Falls in terms of feeling at home.

Comment

Keep in mind that Tony is probably a 4 who routinely has to guard 5's. He's usually got the other team's biggest and strongest player leaning on him all night. Overall, he performs well. The post-thin Jacks would be in a major funk without him.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

This whole thread really annoys me. Tony has worked incredibly hard and put his heart and soul into this program. He is a big reason why the Jacks are getting much better in the recruiting game - leadership. Its something you can't put a price on. So he has had a couple of funky games in difficult circumstances. Big deal. It doesn't change who he is and what he brings to the team on a fundamental level. I think Jacks fans owe him a lot of thanks not this disrespectful thread.
                          Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                            This whole thread really annoys me. Tony has worked incredibly hard and put his heart and soul into this program. He is a big reason why the Jacks are getting much better in the recruiting game - leadership. Its something you can't put a price on. So he has had a couple of funky games in difficult circumstances. Big deal. It doesn't change who he is and what he brings to the team on a fundamental level. I think Jacks fans owe him a lot of thanks not this disrespectful thread.
                            While this thread probably didn't need to be started, it's not disrespectful at all.Quite the contrary......

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                              I think Jacks fans owe him a lot of thanks not this disrespectful thread.
                              I completely agree and meant absolutely NO disrespect to Tony by "piping in". As someone noted - he is usually (on paper) completely overmatched physically, but he busts his rear end every night. Things just haven't been falling for him the past few games. Again - I hope he breaks out of it this week or as the Summit League tourney begins....

Comment

Working...
                              X