Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMKC

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
    I realize Prince is no shorter this year than last, but if we were picking teams would you choose him ahead of any of those player I listed?
    I don't know how about 4 of those players on that list play. If he were competing at his level of play last year I'd take him over Horstman.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Like I said, I admire how hard Taevaunn Prince plays, but I feel he is just a guy without a postion. I would have to politely disagree with you. I feel Hortsman is a better shooter, is taller and a better fit for the 2 or 3 postion. He too has been injured, but has the ability to space the floor like Dykstra, Carlson, and White. I just think he fits the mold better than Prince. If Taevaunn plays well for us, I would be just as excited as the next guy, but I have not seen that as much this year.

Comment

Whether it means anything, Horstman was practicing earlier in year as 4. He does fit a 3 as well.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Taeuvan had an assist today. Last year he takes the shot.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

FWIW I think White and Carlsen need to get some time on the ball and today was exactly the right time. With Bittle out for a month the Jacks need someone who can handle the ball to back up Nate if (God forbid) he can't run the point for 40 minutes a game. Further, although I love how Bittles game is developing I don't see that he will take over all of Nate's minutes. Nate's averaging around 36 minutes. I see Bittle taking 25-30 of those but the Jacks need an experienced support PG and that is not going to be one of the incoming freshmen.
            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

I really want Prince to become a valuable guy off the bench, but I’m not sure it’s going to happen this season. It feels like he’s trying to prove himself and makes a ton of poor/rushed choices trying to do so. I hope he has learned in these last two games that he doesn’t have the ability to take a shot down low over 6’-10” guys after getting a rebound. He did that 3 times in the last two games, and it had the same ugly result. For some odd reason I have this gut feeling he won’t be around next year based on how frustrated he looks. I hope I’m wrong and he finds a way to successfully prove himself.

Comment

Looks to me like Prince is still struggling with his toe injury. Those things can take a long time to heal up.

If you watch the games this week, he simply has no elevation when he tries to jump (shooting, rebounding, etc). IMHO he doesn't have the bounce he had last year.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Reger View Post
                  I really want Prince to become a valuable guy off the bench, but I’m not sure it’s going to happen this season. It feels like he’s trying to prove himself and makes a ton of poor/rushed choices trying to do so. I hope he has learned in these last two games that he doesn’t have the ability to take a shot down low over 6’-10” guys after getting a rebound. He did that 3 times in the last two games, and it had the same ugly result. For some odd reason I have this gut feeling he won’t be around next year based on how frustrated he looks. I hope I’m wrong and he finds a way to successfully prove himself.
                  I question that too. He's shown his frustration on Twitter as well after last week. I don't 'Follow' him but I ran across it searching for SDSU football commits. I don't ever think he'll be a star but he'll contribute going forward.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Prince brings grit and toughness to a team that is low-key and seems at times to play soft. The Jacks need Prince and another player or two like him. He's strong and determined and, when healthy, plays two or three inches above his height. If his foot is still ailing, I hope it heals up soon.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Looks to me like Prince is still struggling with his toe injury. Those things can take a long time to heal up.

If you watch the games this week, he simply has no elevation when he tries to jump (shooting, rebounding, etc). IMHO he doesn't have the bounce he had last year.
                      During the last couple of chat sessions,Terry V. said that Prince is healthy, just not playing well and has lost his spot in the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        During the last couple of chat sessions,Terry V. said that Prince is healthy, just not playing well and has lost his spot in the rotation.
                        Prince simply tries to force everthing instead of letting things just come to him. When he comes into the game he thinks he needs to make things happen right now. Clearly undersized when in the paint against much bigger more athletic players. He can bring the toughness and attitude we want but we don't need the out of control stuff.

GBGBGJ

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Thinking back a few years when SDSU beat UMKC and a KC Star columnist wrote aboules aret how an urban school like KC should never lose to somebody like South Dakota State. I emailed him to point out that SDSU has a lot more basketball (and other) tradition than the Roos. He dismissed me with some unpleasant suggestions about what I could do with myself.

So... how's that column look about now? The Roos are a terrible basketball team. Like usual.
                          Been to UMKC for the last two years but not this season. Went to the Lindenwood-UCM game Saturday (refused to attend LU games before they went DII), and thought both would beat last year's Roos. Of course Lindenwood has one of the Roo's players, along a 6'11 post transfer from SLU and the Mules are pretty athletic. And, unlike UMKC, there was an involved student section. Kansas City needs something on campus better than Swinney, but even so, without dorms it's a hard row. I can't imagine a sports writer that would think they were slumming letting the xDSU's into the Summit.

The guy I attended with was a UMKC grad and had no idea they were DI. It was his first Roos game ever and he's a big sports fan.

Comment

Really enjoyed the game...and the students at the end were hilarious.

when Jacobson hit his three...that was the 9th...and they started chanting "One more 3, One more 3..."

Then Horstman hits the 10th, and they errupted in cheers and started chanting "Pizza!, Pizza!, Pizza!" I thought it was hilarious. Although some probably would say it's poor sportsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Really enjoyed the game...and the students at the end were hilarious.

when Jacobson hit his three...that was the 9th...and they started chanting "One more 3, One more 3..."

Then Horstman hits the 10th, and they errupted in cheers and started chanting "Pizza!, Pizza!, Pizza!" I thought it was hilarious. Although some probably would say it's poor sportsmanship.
                              Not me, I was busy reading the Collegian about that time.

Comment

Good to see the students involved at athletic events. Just goes to show, put a good product on the court, field, diamond, whatever, students will show up and make the event better.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X