Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    I also was at the game and have the following observations. The first is that you have good basketball tem, that at times could be very good as demonstrated in New Mexico. The talent level you have compared to USD is a above ours. Nate is just flat out a great player. You will contend for the Summit title, but you aren't heads and tails above the rest of the league. You don't have Nate, and you aren't that awesome, but you do have Nate, so therefore you have a chance to be a good team. I will tell you this, and you have confirmed it reading this blog, but your expectations are unbelievably high. All this non sensical talk about losing to USD as unacceptable, or ridiculous is just that....ridiculous. Saturday afternoon proved one thing, the Coyotes flat out wanted it more. Was it an upset? Maybe, maybe not. Was USD hot the first half? Yes, but Wolters was uncanny hot the 2nd half. It was a game of a tale of 2 halves. USD won the 1st half, you won the 2nd, and we won the game. Then there's the excuses you name. Reffing was bad. I agree, but tainted in your favor. Then there's the excuse of depth perception in the Dome. Then when all else fails, blame Nagy. Wasn't Nagy the same coach who brilliantly led your team to the upset of New Mexico? Lastly, there are a few of you that blast USD for being 2nd rate, or Mickey Mouse. Our hired staff DID NOT wear Hate State shirts. All the hired staff were issued USD apparel prior to the game. Secondly, I went over to the SDSU section at half and talked with a lot of your fans. I even had a great chat with your AD ( who by the way is a really nice guy ). There wasn't one episode of a Coyote fan blasting a Jack fan that I witnessed. The only thing I didn't like was when our students chanted WOLTERS SUCKS, but you know what? It's a rivalry game. I have heard your fans in tyhe past get on some of our more notable players as well. Your fans were treated with respect, just like I was treated last year at Frost.In closing, yes the Dome is horrible for basketball. Frost is a better venue. I give you that. But the last comment I wnt to make is that being this is the only game that matters to us, yet it's just another game to you. I have one word that sums up those thoughts. BULL****. Your players were busting their asses at the end when it looked like they could lose. And by your responses on here, don't tell me it was another game to you either. It hurts you to lose to USD, just like it hurt me in football to lose to you. Get over it people. Our guys wanted it worse than yours, and I suspect a heavy dose of revenge will be dished out in Brookings. Keep it in perspective. You have a really old team.
    Congrats on the win.

Nate was not uncanny hot in the 2nd half. That is usually how he plays all game long, he didn't play well in the 1st (some credit to coyotes, no doubt).
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      I had a State fan tell me the same thing. 1-1
      And I'm sure SDSU's attendance will drop off just as much as USD's.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

From TV's Sunday article: "In its first two visits to Vermillion as a D-I program, SDSU has scored 49 first-half points and 90 second-half points."

That is clearly SDSU mental issues combined with USD playing in their Superbowl. It's so frustrating to see those two games end in a loss when the "real" SDSU team showed up in the second half of both games.

Unrelated:

I find it interesting that there has not been one word written by USD fans (here or on their own board) about yesterday's womens' game. No pregame chatter, no post game analysis, no hit-and-run smack threads. Nothing. Do the USD women get a "Superbowl"?

Comment

It will only be an official game when the women go to Vermillion. USD is not alone in the ignoring the women program.
          Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          From TV's Sunday article: "In its first two visits to Vermillion as a D-I program, SDSU has scored 49 first-half points and 90 second-half points."

That is clearly SDSU mental issues combined with USD playing in their Superbowl. It's so frustrating to see those two games end in a loss when the "real" SDSU team showed up in the second half of both games.

Unrelated:

I find it interesting that there has not been one word written by USD fans (here or on their own board) about yesterday's womens' game. No pregame chatter, no post game analysis, no hit-and-run smack threads. Nothing. Do the USD women get a "Superbowl"?
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
          X