NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU

I am thinking of heading North on Sat. weather permitting. I see the AA has an event, anyone else going to Fargo this weekend? Is this game on TV?

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Re: NDSU

I am watching weather as decision maker. I need to recover from past week too. Students are gone which should loosen seating some. Ot does not have any TV listed. Women's game Sunday is televised. I saw game last year @ Fargo and it was worth trip as the men played well.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I will be in Brookings for the Michael J. Entringer Scholarship Classic. But I will follow the game via Twitter and Facebook.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

It looks like it is on Jackrabbit Extra, but not on regular TV. Didn't last year's game at NDSU have notoriously poor video?

Last year it was an overtime thriller. This year I expect it will be at least that tough. Getting a win up there would be big.

Comment

SDSU @ NDSU at the 3:14 mark

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8784507

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205855879

and

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205852802

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              It looks like it is on Jackrabbit Extra, but not on regular TV. Didn't last year's game at NDSU have notoriously poor video?

Last year it was an overtime thriller. This year I expect it will be at least that tough. Getting a win up there would be big.
              Yes.

If SDSU can keep NDSU out of the game, at least the fans will be sitting and you might be able to see the (fuzzy) court...
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The victory of NM was a huge one, no doubt about it. It happened due to a number of circumstances including some pretty poor shooting on their part until the very end of the game. The losses to Belmont and Hofstra as well as some of the play in the slim margins of victory by the Jackrabbits has me concerned about how well this team will compete in league on the road. The Bison and Leathernecks are a tough and confident teams and the Jackrabbits have a target on their back. OU has some chemistry issues it seems but they have plenty of talent. IPFW has a pro prospect and some nice role players. The Coyotes shoot the lights out in the dome and will be pumped up to pull another upset. IUPUI seems down and UNO is still a DII team.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the win over NM is no more than that, 1 win. Same for the loss to Belmont, 1 loss. If the Jackrabbits try to coast through even small portions of conference games they'll get tagged with losses. That starts tomorrow night.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It looks like a great day for a win in Fargo! Go Jacks!
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

Comment

It would be a great day to go 3 in a row for the Jacks!

Comment

I was surprised there was not a similar article in today's Argus (at least not that I saw online).

TV reported that NDSU is listed as a 7.5 - 8.5 point favorite in Vegas. That seems reasonable to me. If we play like we did at NM, we blow them away. If we play like we did against UND, they blow us away. Odds are, things will work themselves out somewhere between those two extremes resulting in a close game that could favor the home team. A road win here would be huge for the Jacks and very painful for the Bison.

Comment

I just checked. There are tickets left. Weather shouldn't be a factor in traveling to the game. I got 3 tickets last night. Center section, but in the top row. Going with a buddy who is an NDSU grad and my youngest son, a Valley City State grad. Expecting a good game. Most of the conference teams will lose in Fargo, so a win there could be a big step in the regular season race/conference tournament seeding.
                          An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            I was surprised there was not a similar article in today's Argus (at least not that I saw online).

TV reported that NDSU is listed as a 7.5 - 8.5 point favorite in Vegas. That seems reasonable to me. If we play like we did at NM, we blow them away. If we play like we did against UND, they blow us away. Odds are, things will work themselves out somewhere between those two extremes resulting in a close game that could favor the home team. A road win here would be huge for the Jacks and very painful for the Bison.
                            I think that's a pretty poor line. If we lose, I think it will be pretty close. I'd take the 8 points all day long.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'm interested to see what defensive strategy the Bison use to defend ball screens this time around. Last game NDSU chose to switch, which led to a Bison post player guarding Nate, and it wasn't pretty for them.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X