X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTW: "Big Red" Tony Fiegen

Tony Fiegen, South Dakota State
    Sr., F, Madison, S.D.
    Fiegen earned his first career award after a double-double performance that led the Jackrabbits past Montana and snapped the Grizzlies' 15-game home court win streak, the eighth-longest in NCAA Division I. His two decisive free throws with 8.9 seconds remaining in the second overtime propelled SDSU to the 68-67 victory. Fiegen scored 13 points and pulled down a career-high 13 rebounds (more below)

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/mbkb/2012-13/releases/20121217zdba83

Those that followed the Montana game realize what a GREAT!!! performance was completed by Tony. Nice recognition for a great game.

Re: POTW: "Big Red" Tony Fiegen

A VERY well deserved honor for Tony who is a great player but is an even better person. A little surprised it is his first but I'm confident it won't be his last.
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

It's great that a player who does the "dirty work" that normally doesn't get recognized is rewarded for what he does.

Comment

Very well deserved. He has done a lot of the heavy lifting in a series of very close games this year. Tony's true value to this team will be very evident next year when we try to find a replacement.

Comment

Good for Tony. Imo,he's easily the most improved player this year.

Comment

The guy is shooting 65.9% from the field. This is a steady player. 6.75 rebounds per game with some short rebounds with smaller minutes at New York. Throw out 2 games there and he avgs. 8.7. Tony is tuned and ready for a senior season. He has definitely come into his own in the 4 years of playing. Congratulations on the hard work for the Jacks! These young men put a bunch of effort into their game while completing an education.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Been a fan of Fiegen since the first time I saw him play. His effort is always at a high level. Toughness too. Congrats!

Comment

He's been playing great this year. Good for him.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                  Been a fan of Fiegen since the first time I saw him play. His effort is always at a high level. Toughness too. Congrats!
                  When we lost his freshman year in the tourny I knew just wacthing him he would be a huge part of how good we could be.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

He gets more out of his God given talent than 99% of people. You can tell he is giving his best effort all the time. Coaching would be easy if every player was like Tony. His parents are very humble people that have contributed great things to society including Tony. I hope he can continue to achieve, it will mean great things for this program.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That's awesome! Hard work, toughness, determination, grit, and perserverance are all things that can describe Tony. He's also one of the nicest kids you could meet. So happy for him!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

This is great news, and I'm also very happy for him.

I'd like to echo all the remarks on the guys who does all the little things, and the dirty work.

Remember in High School... we was a superstar/scorer for Madison, and voluntarily took the role of Big Man/Rebounder/Screen Setter because that was needed for the team to be successful. I've never met Tony, but those people I know who have also echo the remarks in this thread, great young man.

Comment

He definitely earned it.

Comment

I really don't feel like starting a thread dedicated to this topic, so I thought I would post it here. It is a little off topic, but still has some tie back to Tony.

I read this on Mick Garry's blog regarding the upcoming USD vs. UWGB game.

The Phoenix have a talented big man in 7-1 Alec Brown, but last week suspended his frontcourt partner, 6-9 senior starter Brennan Cougil, indefinitely. Cougil, who played at Sioux City Heelan, is averaging 12.7 points and 6.8 rebounds. Many would remember he started at Iowa, then transferred out for a year, then returned to Division I. There were several programs in the area who were hoping for a taste, given that there was a second chance to recruit him. He was midst a solid two-year run with the Phoenix when he was benched for a violation of team policy.
                            I know the Jacks were hard after Cougil when he tranferred. Also, I believe we made an offer to Brown as well.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                            X