Men's first DI win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's first DI win

Where does everyone feel our best chance for the first DI win will come. I think Southeast Missouri State is a game we might have a chance of taking.

Re: Men's first DI win

Me too. I also think that Tennessee St. is another one.

Go State! ;D

Comment

I'd say those two, plus UMKC is a chance too.  There are probably other possibilities if we'd play really well, but so far I'd say Southeast Missiouri State, Tennesee State and UMKC are chances.  Hopefully SE Missouri State though.

On a side note, I notice we are now listed under D1- Independents on ESPN. NDSU isn't listed though. I wonder why that is? Maybe they haven't gotten around to it yet.

Comment

Both Southeast Missouri and Tennesse State are part of the Ohio Valley Conf. Here is a link to the OVC:

http://www.ovcsports.com/

UMKC is part of the Mid-Con. Here is their web address:

http://www.mid-con.com/

Go State! ;D

Comment

Helps if you have a DI schedule!

Comment

Anyone who thinks we are going to roll over NDSU in Basketball because we have in the past is fooling themselves. Tim Miles is enjoying some good recruiting years and they are going to be tough. They have redshirted their entire talented freshman class and still have a team that can give us problems this year. I'm not chalking those two games with NDSU up as wins yet. With the Jacks team this year I think we are capable of being beat by just about anyone. We can't just show up againt even our DII foes as we don't have the depth and talent we have had in most of the Nagy era. Every game has the potential of being a battle!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
              Anyone who thinks we are going to roll over NDSU in Basketball because we have in the past is fooling themselves. Tim Miles is enjoying some good recruiting years and they are going to be tough. They have redshirted their entire talented freshman class and still have a team that can give us problems this year. I'm not chalking those two games with NDSU up as wins yet. With the Jacks team this year I think we are capable of being beat by just about anyone. We can't just show up againt even our DII foes as we don't have the depth and talent we have had in most of the Nagy era. Every game has the potential of being a battle!    
              Exactly what I have been trying to say. This years men's BB team has only a fraction of the talent and skills of any of the previous Nagy teams. No game on this years road schedule can be taken for granted, not one. That included NDSU. I just hope they defend our homecourt.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree that NDSU shouldn't be counted as a given because that is how we end up getting beat by lesser teams. However, I think all of the doom and gloom about our talent level is a little overboard. Granted, from what I saw last night, our team is far from the most talented team we've had on the court in the last 10 years. Especially with our guard play.

But, our 3-5 guys are good players. They may be young, but they're big and can shoot. Defensively they held their own last night against a very physical and big UWM. If we had UWM's center, he'd be all we were talking about and he didn't do anything last night. Our gaurds are far from the Norbergs and Semstrots (spelling?) that we're accustomed to, but put them against a team with equal quicks and athletic skills and they'll play well.

I guess my point is that although the current collection of Jacks are young and may lack the talent level we're used to seeing, they are still a solid ball club with an excellent coach. They will probably stumble along the way against a team they should beat, but they will also probably beat a team along the way that they should lose to. That's what young teams do. In the long run we'll be fine.

Plus, they have Matt Wilber as an assistant coach so they can't go too far astray. (Sorry, couldn't help giving him another shameless plug.)
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Guard play in divison I is so crucial to being succesfull. Any flaws you have as a team at this position get magnified at the DI level.

Comment

Working...
                  X