Questions for Mike H.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Mike H.

Any chance the Jackrabbit report could become a live show and callers were able to call in and ask questions. I think this would add a lot of interest. I would love to here you pose questions to Nagy related to scheduling especially a follow up to the Star Tribune feature and when we can expect to see the Jacks and Gophers play in Basketball. The women played at the Barn two years ago. Also discussion around his recruiting philosophy in DI (Juco vs High School seniors).

Re: Questions for Mike H.

Nope. Very hard to schedule. Besides, I was thinking about dropping guests from that show. I thought it would be a lot more interesting if I just took calls and we could all speculate on stuff.

(For those of you who don't understand, see the smack thread under those three dirty letters )

Comment

They were discussing this topic on Berrero's show on KFAN yesterday evening. As everyone knows the "non-revenue" sports have already scheduled several games with the U of Minn. Based on the discussions last night it seems very likely that both SDSU and NDSU will be on the schedules of the revenue sports including FB and both BB teams. Still early in the speculation but currently positive news for the SU's.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Mike,

Just wanting to know your take on UND (North Dakota) looking at a possible move to D-1 and how that might affect SDSU's chances at getting invited to the BIG SKY.

Comment

My take on UND has always been that UND is going to do exactly what Ralph Engelstad's will tells them to do.

I think that means they stay D1 in hockey and nothing else. If that changes, I would be shocked. UND sold their soul, and while I am not sure about specifics in deals like that, I am pretty sure they can not get it back.

By the way, you have some great questions and responses on some of the other threads. It is nice to get a new perspective from someone.

Comment

Grand Forks though still not as large as Sioux Falls, seems to have recovered greatly since the flood back in 1996?, not sure of the year.  I was through GF yesterday.  They seem to have a number of new shopping facilities and building of homes seems to be going on at a pace.  The appearence of GF is impressive more so than that of Brookings or Vermillion.  I think their location has its limits, as I dont think Canadian shoppers translate into Fighting Sioux Fans.  They cant go to far south without entering Bisonville.  They may have a similiar challenge that exists at SDSU and that is they need to depend greatly on the Alumni to make a D1 move.

I do agree Mike H, that the soul of UND was sold to Ralph Englestad and currently his estate. Ralph is no longer among the living but his estate has a big voice on campus as far as athletic facilities since they built and still control the REA facilities. Please note the estate has a representative on the study committee.

Comment

Working...
            X