ESPN Ticker Wrong Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Ticker Wrong Again

ESPN got it wrong again. Last night on their basketball ticker, South Dakota State was identified as "South Dako". Last week it was "South Dakot".

I emailed my former student at ESPN, but it might not hurt if a whole bunch of us use their contact form online to politely let them know they have made a mistake. Maybe if they get 50 messages, one will make it past the minimum-wage email monkey they have hired to delete most of the feeback they get from viewers. Here is the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/...ct/espntv.html

Again, it's probably best if we're polite (I know it's frustrating). It's also more likely to be effective if all the messages suggest the same remedy (S Dakota St) as we discussed in another thread.

Re: ESPN Ticker Wrong Again

A polite email was sent with the request for a S Dakota St, being used on the ticker. I also mentioned the distinctions between SDSU and USD and also the often confusion with San Diego State who also uses SDSU and has for some time. Dont forget to mention that USD is D2.

Comment

I sent an email asking for S Dakota St. Also pointed out we did not want to be confused with USD.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Done.

Comment

Giddy-up, done.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Done deal, also ask about the womens stats on club house

Comment

Actually I haven't minded that they've been screwing our name up on the ticker, I rather have people think it's San Diego St. or somebody like that who is getting beat by 35 points. I just hope they get it correct when we start winning these games coming up here, but if we're getting beat go ahead and let people think its somebody else. They damn sure better get it figured out before we play Tenn. St. because we're going to roll them.
              Go Jacks!

Comment

Sent it.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                  ESPN got it wrong again. Last night on their basketball ticker, South Dakota State was identified as "South Dako". Last week it was "South Dakot".

http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/...ct/espntv.html
                  Big corporate media, in this case Disney, the owner of ESPN, really doesn't care. They had it wrong again last night. Apparently some team called "South Dako" lost to SEMO. Let's hit them with another round of emails. Polite usually works better than angry, although I'm getting kind of annoyed.

Use the link in the quote above.

Comment

Just a little side note. It appears that the max character spaces ESPN has is 10. If my math is correct S Dakota St is 11. This could be part of the problem. It seems to me that So Dak St was used for football. I don't know why it can't be suggested that they continue with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X