ESPN/Blue Ribbon 2012-2013 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN/Blue Ribbon 2012-2013 Preview

It is ESPN Insider access, so I figured I would copy and paste the article as some of you won't be able to read it.

COACH AND PROGRAM
    South Dakota State's breakthrough came a lot earlier than anyone thought.

Coach Scott Nagy knew it was coming. He knew his team had the talent to earn a spot in the NCAA tournament. But, honestly, he was thinking 2013.

The Jackrabbits messed up the plan, winning the Summit League tournament and earning an NCAA berth, the first in the school's Division I history.

"We were picked third [in the Summit] and thought that was about where we should be picked," Nagy said. "It just felt like going to the NCAA was a year ahead of schedule, but certainly we'll take it.

South Dakota State Jackrabbits
    Last Season 27-8 (.771)
    Conference Record 15-3 (2nd)
    Starters Lost/Returning 1/4
    Coach Scott Nagy (Delta State '88)
    Record At School 316-198 (17 years)
    Career Record 316-198 (17 years)
    RPI Last 5 years 328-284-233-187-50
    "This year, we have a better basketball team. Whether or not you can win 27 games, I don't know if you can count on that any year. We just had so many things fall in place last year. In terms of talent and experience, it's as high a level of both of those that we've ever had here."

Getting to the NCAA tournament wasn't easy in 2012. The Jackrabbits had to survive an upset effort by Western Illinois, in overtime, to make the field.

[Remainder of article snipped by filbert. Please excerpt copyrighted articles--do not re-post them in their entirety.]
    Last edited by filbert; 10-24-2012, 06:24 PM. Reason: Excerpt copyrighted material, please.
    Let's Go Rabbits!!
Working...
X