Media Day Wednesday October 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Day Wednesday October 17th

Excited to hear what is happening in Mens basketball. Eager to get news on how the team is shaping up, what the new uniforms will look like, can't wait for the season to start.... 16 days to the Season Opener against Black Hills State Go Jacks!
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Re: Media Day Wednesday October 17th

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
    Excited to hear what is happening in Mens basketball. Eager to get news on how the team is shaping up, what the new uniforms will look like, can't wait for the season to start.... 16 days to the Season Opener against Black Hills State Go Jacks!
    Thereby testing JoeBoo's allegiance.

Comment

any word yet on the freshman what they are able to contribute or possible redshirts? I would love to see them all redshirt but am excited to see what they can bring to the team. Also really looking forward to Zachs growth in having a year to get his feet under him. Possibly a surprise weapon we have with Zach on the bench and his athletic ability could be impressive to see with the talent we have starting. Also expecting big things from Marcus this year also.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        any word yet on the freshman what they are able to contribute or possible redshirts? I would love to see them all redshirt but am excited to see what they can bring to the team. Also really looking forward to Zachs growth in having a year to get his feet under him. Possibly a surprise weapon we have with Zach on the bench and his athletic ability could be impressive to see with the talent we have starting. Also expecting big things from Marcus this year also.
        I think it's a virtual lock that Bittle plays because there really isn't another natural point guard on the roster,and Nate will be better if he gets a breather every now and then. Plus Bittle will be running the show a year from now,and some experience will pay off down the road. Red-shirting would seem to be more of a possibility with the other freshman,depending how they look in practice, and what,if any,injury problems might arise during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I think it's a virtual lock that Bittle plays because there really isn't another natural point guard on the roster,and Nate will be better if he gets a breather every now and then. Plus Bittle will be running the show a year from now,and some experience will pay off down the road. Red-shirting would seem to be more of a possibility with the other freshman,depending how they look in practice, and what,if any,injury problems might arise during the season.
          To bad zach m left. Thought he really fit in with the team and would have allowed bittle to rs. Sounds like bittle will be good enough to contribute so that sounds good to me. Guess I am really going to be waiting to see what connor D can do. I think he will be legit. Put some size on him but I feel he has the tools to be really special at sdsu.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            To bad zach m left. Thought he really fit in with the team and would have allowed bittle to rs. Sounds like bittle will be good enough to contribute so that sounds good to me. Guess I am really going to be waiting to see what connor D can do. I think he will be legit. Put some size on him but I feel he has the tools to be really special at sdsu.
            To be honest, I don't really blame Zach M. for leaving. He didn't play a lot come conference season and I don't think his minutes would have improved that much this year and I feel that Bittle would have passed him up anyways. I really think Connor D will redshirt. There is already Fiegen and I'm hoping that Heemstra will come into his own this year so I feel there is no reason to not redshirt him. I also really hope that the coaches can redshirt Donlan but it all depends on if the players want to redshirt. This is really the first year where we have enough depth that the coaches will be able to have the option to redshirt multiple players.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Bittle plays. Donlan will redshirt depending on an injury. Big Connor is still up in the air.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Bittle plays. Donlan will redshirt depending on an injury. Big Connor is still up in the air.
                That's my guess too. If connor can get a few rebounds and play solid D enough to spell fiegen and heesmtra allows dyskrta to stay out of the post unless it creats some mismatches.

Comment

I'm guessing that Connor will play. This team needs his height and shot-blocking ability. The minutes he can provide will be valuable. He will provide depth to a team that is talented but not deep in the big-man positions.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    I think Connor gets a RS too.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Thereby testing JoeBoo's allegiance.
                      Yeah, if SDSU doesn't roll over BHSU I would be disappointed as a Jacks fan, and impressed as a Yellowjacket fan. My guess is BHSU is pretty bad, they weren't that good last year, they have a solid player or 2 but unless they brought in a few players that I don't know about, they won't be athletic enough to compete. I really haven't followed them though since they left NAIA as they were ineligible during transition and I didn't know more then a handful of the players after they graduated 7 and there best underclassmen transferred after their last year in NAIA (10-11)

Comment

Per TV:

SDSU junior forward Jordan Dykstra said he dropped 18 lbs. and 8 percent body fat in the offseason. Wants to play 35 minutes a game.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

If Devine and Donlan rs, then we'll be back at this same time next year. If none of the incoming 1213 recruits rs, we will have 6 frosh. Would we then find ourselves in the situation NDSU found themselves after the trip to the big dance and the graduation of their big class. It's been two year's of rebuilding for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblood View Post
                            If Devine and Donlan rs, then we'll be back at this same time next year. If none of the incoming 1213 recruits rs, we will have 6 frosh. Would we then find ourselves in the situation NDSU found themselves after the trip to the big dance and the graduation of their big class. It's been two year's of rebuilding for them.
                            I understand what you are saying, but you don't make the redshirting decision because of that. Everyone has their own philosophy on redshirting but I think all can agree if the guy isn't going to see minutes, and Donlan is behind the eight ball because of the # of wings returning. (Prince, Dykstra, White, Horstman, and then Bittle but Bittle also can play the point, and then even Jacobson who is walk-on can play the wing as well). And Nagy has never really been one to go with a deep bench, especially with upper classmen, so to not redshirt a guy and have him play 5 games and no real minutes all year is a waste in my opinion.

I'd like to see Devine play this year, just because I think the way he improves is through minutes, and he is the 1 thing the team is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              I understand what you are saying, but you don't make the redshirting decision because of that. Everyone has their own philosophy on redshirting but I think all can agree if the guy isn't going to see minutes, and Donlan is behind the eight ball because of the # of wings returning. (Prince, Dykstra, White, Horstman, and then Bittle but Bittle also can play the point, and then even Jacobson who is walk-on can play the wing as well). And Nagy has never really been one to go with a deep bench, especially with upper classmen, so to not redshirt a guy and have him play 5 games and no real minutes all year is a waste in my opinion.

I'd like to see Devine play this year, just because I think the way he improves is through minutes, and he is the 1 thing the team is missing.
                              But a year of practice and putting some weight on couldnt really hurt him to get ready for his first year is one way to think about it too. I guess if they can prove they are ready, if they want to play they can get enough time from the coaches then i think they should play as freshman, but if they need the year to get prepared then redshirt um.....says capt obvious.

Comment

Working...
                              X