Toughest schedule to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughest schedule to date

The Dec 8th Sagarin ratings has SDSU's schedule at the toughest in the country!!! ;D

They are up to #178 out of 332 teams. With all the losses, this may put things in a different perspective.

Re: Toughest schedule to date

The ratings that I looked at had us at the 3rd toughest schedule out of all D1 programs. Anyway you you look at it our schedule has been BRUTAL.

Comment

Agree, overtime it will definitely drop but for a transitional year it's extremely tough.

Comment

Thats great to hear about our schedule. It does really surprise me though, how do they figure that out? We have only played mid major teams, we haven't even played a team in the top 25. Does anyone know how they figured the rankings? It makes me feel better about our slow start. Also how did we move up so much in the RPI rankings, without winning a game. Did some of our close games help us out there. They must figure in margin of defeat.
        If we have the toughest schedule in the nation so far that must mean there are a lot of teams out there weaker than the ones we have been playing, obviously. That makes me feel pretty darn good about things. We are down this year and we are still competing pretty darn good with most of these teams. Last years team would have a couple of wins by now.

Comment

It wasn't an RPI ranking, it was the Sagarin Ranking. UW-Milwaukee was #4 and Marquette #30. Nagy did say that UW-Milwaukee will be the best team we play all year.

SWMS - #64, Butler #44, Manhatten #113, Illinois-Chicago - #58

Just look at how many games the top 30 have played against themselves. Just a few with 3 games. I'm guessing the rest are at the bottom of the 332 teams. We are playing teams that are all toward the top.

The schedule ranking is only games played against DI to this date.

Denver is at #103

This list differs quite a bit from the polls and uses pure stats. But overall shows SDSU's difficult schedule so far. Hopefully the benifits will show later in the season and in coming years.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0405.htm

Comment

Is there a ratings system like that for WBB? We should be well up on that list.

Comment

There is, but I don't see SDSU among the independents in the women's ratings. I think they need to update their formula. Interestingly, though, the top team in the Big Sky is Weber State, at 85. Kentucky is 77. The next best Big Sky Team N. Arizona, is 149th. Oregon State is 131, Northern Illinois is 224, and Texas State is 253.

Here are the women's ratings I found:

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

Comment

Thanks OK_Rabbit, hopefully they update that soon to get our WBB team their rightful place high in the rankings (In their FIRST year of D1 competition)

Comment

Massey rates everybody vs. everybody, but he doesn't seem to have posted any 2004-05 ratings yet.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                  X