ESPN ticker.. again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN ticker.. again

We're still "South Dako" on ESPN's basketball ticker. My contact at ESPN says he's going to see what he can do. In the meantime, I think we should fire off another round of emails in the hopes that eventually we'll get through to somebody who gives a darn. Feel free to be less polite this time. Let's "Mike Frickin' Nelke" them (it works for anything!) until they listen.

I am going to mention that I'll soon begin contacting ESPN advertisers to express my frustration with their failure to respond.

Here's the address again:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/...ct/espntv.html

We'll teach them to Nelke with our beloved S Dakota St.

Re: ESPN ticker.. again

I think I have posted this twice now but I think until we get our eggs in the proper basket no change will come. I have been watching the ticker pretty relentlessly for the past week or two and it holds pretty true that ESPN only has ten character spaces for a school. If you watch for Quinnipiac and our listing which is South Dako (both 10 character) that seems to stretch the ticker as far as it goes. The previosly mentioned beloved S Dakota St takes up 11. Come up with something that limits it to 10 and we may have a winner.

Comment

S Dak St.
      So Dak St.
      ?

I think it's probably more a case of the corporate "we don't give a hoot unless you're a big market" blues, but we should suggest something that works.

I did see S Dakota St on their football ticker.

Comment

"SD State" looks good and is easy to comprehend if it goes by on the ticker quickly

Comment

I noticed that they had it right -- S Dakota State -- on ESPNews this morning. The graphics are different there than on the ticker, but at least someone at the network knows how it should be.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I agree, they did have SD State for football and thought that looked really good. NC State?

Comment

I'd go for SD State, but as I have previously posted, SDSU should be top choice, in my humble opinion.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I like to see them update the womens site with stats etc....... Just like the mens. Plus if you look at the score board it is just in black not a link (it is like their site isn't finished.

Comment

ESPN reported the Denver game using S Dak St

Comment

Working...
                  X