Everybody's talkin' 'bout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody's talkin' 'bout...

The administrators on the Minnesota fan message board, Gopherhole, are good writers and do some interviews and analysis and credible reporting. Here's a link to a thread in which they discuss Minnesota's (they hope) 'road to selection Sunday':

From the article:

...(2) Playing South Dakota State doesn't move the needle name-wise, but the Jackrabbits (#43 in the RPI last season and a NCAA qualifier) figure to be a formidable home opponent for the Gophers, perhaps their stiffest Williams Arena test. The Jacks return most of their key players, including All-American guard candidate Nate Wolters. Am looking forward to seeing Wolters go head to head against Andre Hollins....

Good reading for those (like me) who hope the Gophers have a good season (except a miserable game against SDSU, of course):

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?40135-The-Road-to-Selection-Sunday-Gophers-Non-B1G-Slate-Nothing-to-Sneeze-At&highlight=SDSU

Re-reading my post: looks like I've used my weekly allocation of parenthesis.

Re: Everybody's talkin' 'bout...

Perfect chance to go in there and get a win. I think to get people outide of sdsu to keep talking about us we need to win these games with the goofers and huskers etc. The washington state game was the perfect exapmle. A win finally of the goofers in any sport sure would be nice to get finally.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Perfect chance to go in there and get a win. I think to get people outide of sdsu to keep talking about us we need to win these games with the goofers and huskers etc. The washington state game was the perfect exapmle. A win finally of the goofers in any sport sure would be nice to get finally.
      I dont think we played the Cougars but we did beat the Huskies on their floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I dont think we played the Cougars but we did beat the Huskies on their floor.
        Just making sure you were paying attention.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

[QUOTE=goon;208123 A win finally of the goofers in any sport sure would be nice to get finally.[/QUOTE]

I believe we beat them 3 times in baseball, and a couple times by the WBB.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            I believe we beat them 3 times in baseball, and a couple times by the WBB.
            I should have said football or mens basketball. those are the only sports that the outside world would pay attention to if we beat them.

Comment

Working...
            X