Clear All

• Top 144 preview

144 days until the season begins. This site previews a school a day

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...p-144-previews

Re: Top 144 preview

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    144 days until the season begins. This site previews a school a day

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...p-144-previews
    For a reference point, last year we were not in the top 144 and ranked at 151 behind IUPUI (114 [yikes]), Oakland (107) and Oral Roberts (74).

Edit: and WIU was ranked at 253.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Hear ya, just something to look at until the season starts

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
        Hear ya, just something to look at until the season starts
        Oh, for sure. I'm not blaming them for any of the rankings (okay, the IUPUI one was bad), because I think most of us had something similar. I'm excited to see where we end up.

Comment

Jacks picked #126 and #1 in the Summit. Seems a little low to me, but hey it is just a pre-season ranking and and RO pointed out they had some misses last season - discuss.

Comment

I think #126 is a little low, but I think when your not a power 6 conference, and don't have name recognition you have to prove it.

Comment

Too low, but WGAF really, you know?

WIU will challenge for the conference and NDSU will try to stay with us. I mean, they are a good bunch of young men that try their hardest... Seriously **** it, they don't stand a chance. Everybody saw what happened at Frost this year right? Okay, good, they are @#$!#. (Seriously, other than the USD game, I've never felt more bad for a team. Why even show up, Bison?) Western has a chance, but something tells me that Nagy will come up with something that shuts them down. 126 is too low, everyone knows that. But that article is right; we will have to win a non-conference game against at BCS school. Yeah, Washington was fun and everything but that Minnesota-Georgia-Nebraska stretch? Need to pull out at least one of those type of games if we want a respectable seed.

One of the freshman will step up and common sense says Devine or Bittle, but I'm thinking it's Bittle. I like his body. If you know what I mean.

Chad White is going to be huge and so will Prince. I doubt anyone was harder on Prince during the year than I was, but I absolutely adored how he played at the end of the year. Dude came up huge. And Chad will thrive in a starting role. Someone earlier in one of these threads said Dykstra will be the most improved player. And yeah, if you look at last season as a whole, maybe it looks like he has some strides to make. But if you just look at what he did down the stretch (aka Beast Mode) I think he is capable of doing that for a whole year. His 3pt% might slip (I mean jesus, the dude shot 48%) but I think a full, healthy season from him will see utter domination. But I still think "most improved" is between White and Prince. Unless Horstman has a summer for the ages.

That's the fun part. Zarch Horstman is 6'6" and an absolute athletic stud and no one is talking about him. He has the potential to be a force in the future.

Oh and when Wolters shoots over 35% from 3 this next season? Sorry Summit League.

I'm honestly just really scared of all the young studs that the knowledgeable posters of Bisonville have been raving about.

Seriously. They are a great group of individuals. 126 is too low.
              Last edited by JackJD; 07-08-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Too low, but WGAF really, you know? WIU will challenge for the conference and NDSU will try to stay with us. I mean, they are a good bunch of young men that try their hardest... Seriously **** it, they don't stand a chance. Everybody saw what happened at Frost this year right? Okay, good, they are @#$%!#. (Seriously, other than the USD game, I've never felt more bad for a team. Why even show up, Bison?) Western has a chance, but something tells me that Nagy will come up with something that shuts them down. 126 is too low, everyone knows that. But that article is right; we will have to win a non-conference game against at BCS school. Yeah, Washington was fun and everything but that Minnesota-Georgia-Nebraska stretch? Need to pull out at least one of those type of games if we want a respectable seed. One of the freshman will step up and common sense says Devine or Bittle, but I'm thinking it's Bittle. I like his body. If you know what I mean. Chad White is going to be huge and so will Prince. I doubt anyone was harder on Prince during the year than I was, but I absolutely adored how he played at the end of the year. Dude came up huge. And Chad will thrive in a starting role. Someone earlier in one of these threads said Dykstra will be the most improved player. And yeah, if you look at last season as a whole, maybe it looks like he has some strides to make. But if you just look at what he did down the stretch (aka Beast Mode) I think he is capable of doing that for a whole year. His 3pt% might slip (I mean jesus, the dude shot 48%) but I think a full, healthy season from him will see utter domination. But I still think "most improved" is between White and Prince. Unless Horstman has a summer for the ages.That's the fun part. Zarch Horstman is 6'6" and an absolute athletic stud and no one is talking about him. He has the potential to be a force in the future. Oh and when Wolters shoots over 35% from 3 this next season? Sorry Summit League. I'm honestly just really scared of all the young studs that the knowledgeable posters of Bisonville have been raving about.Seriously. They are a great group of individuals. 126 is too low.
                Swag! Love it! +++++++++
                Last edited by JackJD; 07-08-2012, 11:03 AM.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Too low, but WGAF really, you know?

WIU will challenge for the conference and NDSU will try to stay with us. I mean, they are a good bunch of young men that try their hardest... Seriously **** it, they don't stand a chance. Everybody saw what happened at Frost this year right? Okay, good, they are @#$!#. (Seriously, other than the USD game, I've never felt more bad for a team. Why even show up, Bison?) Western has a chance, but something tells me that Nagy will come up with something that shuts them down. 126 is too low, everyone knows that. But that article is right; we will have to win a non-conference game against at BCS school. Yeah, Washington was fun and everything but that Minnesota-Georgia-Nebraska stretch? Need to pull out at least one of those type of games if we want a respectable seed.

One of the freshman will step up and common sense says Devine or Bittle, but I'm thinking it's Bittle. I like his body. If you know what I mean.

Chad White is going to be huge and so will Prince. I doubt anyone was harder on Prince during the year than I was, but I absolutely adored how he played at the end of the year. Dude came up huge. And Chad will thrive in a starting role. Someone earlier in one of these threads said Dykstra will be the most improved player. And yeah, if you look at last season as a whole, maybe it looks like he has some strides to make. But if you just look at what he did down the stretch (aka Beast Mode) I think he is capable of doing that for a whole year. His 3pt% might slip (I mean jesus, the dude shot 48%) but I think a full, healthy season from him will see utter domination. But I still think "most improved" is between White and Prince. Unless Horstman has a summer for the ages.

That's the fun part. Zarch Horstman is 6'6" and an absolute athletic stud and no one is talking about him. He has the potential to be a force in the future.

Oh and when Wolters shoots over 35% from 3 this next season? Sorry Summit League.

I'm honestly just really scared of all the young studs that the knowledgeable posters of Bisonville have been raving about.

Seriously. They are a great group of individuals. 126 is too low.
                  I have a hard time seeing WIU finish the season higher than 4th in the league, unless they have some STUDS coming in. Right now they have Ceola Clark II and their big Parks. Two very good players, but they lost a ton during the off season. Any given night, they will be good enough to beat anyone in the league, but they don't have the horses to challenge over the course of a season. I could be wrong though.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

In reading the article, the clear implication is that the Summit League, losing ORU and SUU, while adding transitional UNO, will have a conference RPI about 25 rather than 16, like last year. It's tough to retain a good RPI when your whole league is higher than 150.

Comment

I agree about the conference RPI going through the roof this year. We are really going to need to get several big non-conference wins to individually get anywhere near as high as we were last year.

Comment

ORU is 125th. It says ORU is going to the Southland Conference where the competition will be a little tougher. The Southlands was ranked 28th out of 32 teams. How is that going to a tougher conference? But as RO would say....WGAF!!!

Comment

It strikes me that any ranking that puts ORU at 125 and SDSU at 126 is "fighting the last war" and ignoring the personnel changes (or lack thereof) of the two programs from 2011-12 to 2012-13.

Whoever made that determination didn't see the SDSU-Baylor game, where SDSU in no uncertain terms put the Fear of God into what was supposed to be a Top Ten Baylor team in the NCAA Tournament.

13-seeds simply don't come back on 4-seeds once they're down double-digits in the NCAA Tournament. It doesn't happen. Except that SDSU did it. Not all the way back, but close enough that a 3-pointer would have pulled it to a 1-point game with less than a minute to play.

And everybody, pretty much, comes back for SDSU--the Jacks graduated ONE senior, and that's all. Everybody else comes back.

If things come together, the 2012-13 SDSU team could have a 2011-12-Murray State-calibre run in them, including an extended stay in the Top 25. (They could also encounter bad luck, or start reading their press clippings and flame out majestically).

All in all: Ranking Fail.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Also, SDSU finished 2011-12 at #58 in the Pomeroy rankings and #64 in the Sagarin rankings. These yahoos are predicting a hell of a drop for the Jackrabbits from this year's performance.

Who thinks that this kind of drop-off is in any way credible? I mean, Griff wasn't quite chopped liver, but c'mon, really . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Also, SDSU finished 2011-12 at #58 in the Pomeroy rankings and #64 in the Sagarin rankings. These yahoos are predicting a hell of a drop for the Jackrabbits from this year's performance.Who thinks that this kind of drop-off is in any way credible? I mean, Griff wasn't quite chopped liver, but c'mon, really . . .
                              Really makes me wonder how credible this list truly is. I mean did they even watch SDSU play at all or did they think that since its a newer D1 school that got lucky in the conference tournament and won't be as good because they haven't heard much or at all about a basketball team from South Dakota. I mean really. I was expecting a lot higher than 125. I'm guessing they think if you aren't a Power 6 school, that obviously you can't be very good as a Power 6 school cuz they definitely are always better. Smh.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                              X