Wayne St. and Wayne St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wayne St. and Wayne St.

I was also at the game and enjoyed it for the first half. Thought we would put it to Wayne in 2nd half but just the opposite happened. I just about wanted to cry by the end of the game.
    There is no doubt that we need some help but I hope coach nagy builds the program thru hs players and not juco guys. I don't mind a juco player occasionally but too often those guys bring too much baggage whether it be academic, character issues or something else. I would rather take our lumps now and recruit good hs guys you can build with rather than many of the juco guys that are out there. I expect the men to be competitive in 2 or 3 years.
    I hope that the fans stay with us. I love basketball so I will go even if we are 4-24 but a lot of people won't come. I know a lot of our funding increases were based on increased ticket revenue but if we struggle like this all season one has to wonder if the fans will continue to come and where the revenue will come from.

Comment

Here we go again, let's hope that Coach lit a fire under these guys.

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Warriors! ;D

Comment

Nope. No fire. 23-15 WSU, 7:53 to go, first half.

On the upside, UMKC has yet to win a game.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

2nd half just started, 40-29 WSU. Oh, sorry, 42-29.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

50-45 WSU . . . now or never, guys . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Come on Jacks!    Wayne St. 52 - SDSU 49 with 7:57 to play.

Comment

Tied at 54 . . . oops down by 3 again, grrr
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wow 3 pointers are killing us yet again. >

Comment

71-62, final.

This team can't score. Can't guard the three. Can't do much of anything. I'm depressed.

(At least the women are playing well . . . )
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This season is reminding me more and more of the '85-'86 season when we were rebuilding after getting to the D-II championship game the season before.  Very frustrating, but hey we were not going anywhere this season anyway.  Bring on San Diego State.

Comment

Was that the 8-20 year?
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yea, Jim Thorson's first season.

Comment

I realize with Matt Jones illness and Moeller transferring SDSU lost their 2 best players and Nagy cannot be faulted. But even with these losses SDSU should be better than they have shown so far this season. Where is the problem? Other injuries I am not aware of? poor recruiting? poor coaching? other factors?

Comment

We lost a total of 7 guy off of last years team,  Landon Scott did not work out, Jake Wenig suffers a broken foot before the season begins and takes a red shirt, and Cadwell and Gilbert red shirt.  Follow that up with Kleinjan's stress fracture (he is just now starting to see some good min.) and you have a team that is in total rebuild mode.    Still you gotta love 'em because they are our Jackrabbits!  

Go State!  ;D

'04-'05 Jackrabbits 

3 SR. - Geiver, Hokenson, DeJong
                              0 Jr. - N/A
                              4 So. - Kleinjan, DeWaard (1st year in the program), Green, Beran, Wenig (Red Shirt/Broken foot)
                              6 Fr. - Casey, Keller (has not played), Holdren, Loney, Cadwell (Red Shirt), Gilbert (Red Shirt)

Comment

No doubt this is a dark moment, but I think Coach Nagy said something very revealing to me as a fan and that is execution in running offensive plays. You need all five to execute and if one mess up, its failure. I think SDSU has been so solid the past 10 years, that we never had to worry about execution. Now its a problem and I think the coaching staff will work this out, and we are very bare in the experienced talent cupboard. About the only thing we can do is get better and it will happen.

I think coach said that they need to get the kids ready to play at home. Too much is taken for granted and that he felt they were better prepared to play on the road. The season is half over it can only get better

Comment

Working...
                                X