Iowa State vs Tennessee State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa State vs Tennessee State

TSU played a team that most in the area are familiar with today, Iowa State University.  The Tigers gave the Cyclones all they wanted.

http://www.tsutigers.com/fullstory.c...78&sport=2

TIGERS EFFORT FALLS SHORT AT IOWA STATE
    December 31, 2004

AMES, Iowa. --- Tennessee State pushed Iowa State to the wire before the host Cyclones were able to escape with a 67-61 victory over the Tigers on New Year's Eve Friday night.

TSU trailed by three points (64-61) with 38 seconds left, but had a turnover and a missed shot down the stretch while Iowa State converted a field goal to preserve the win.

The Tigers were without the services of leading scorer and rebounder Rod Flowers who left the game in the first half with an ankle injury.

"We played with energy, but we missed several shots that could have made a difference," said TSU head coach Cy Alexander. "We must play at this energy level in all of our games."

The Tigers trailed 38-33 at halftime, but opened the second with a 9-0 run to take a 42-38 lead. Iowa State bounced back and led by as many as 10 points (58-48 ) with eight minutes remaining, before the Tigers made their late run to cut into the lead.  .  .  .

TSU connected on 10-of-32 3-pointers in the game. TSU was 27-of-64 for 36 percent. The Tigers held a 37-34 rebounding edge over the Cyclones.

Iowa State was led bu Curtis Stinson who scored 19 points. Center Jared Holman scored 17 points and had a team-high 11 rebounds. The Big 12 Conference member Cyclones shot 51 percent (26-of-51) from the floor.  .  .

This was the Tiger's first outing since we beat them in Nashville.

Go State! ;D  

Re: Iowa State vs Tennessee State

Are there some out there who think this team, Tennessee State is no better than the U of Sioux Falls?  Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Comment

Iowa State is very good this year. I watched them give Iowa all they could handle, in Iowa City a couple of weeks ago. ISU is a great shooting team and will very likely be an NCAA tourney team.

Comment

On the other hand though, Northern Iowa drilled Iowa State. I think that is more of Northern Iowa being really good this year, than Iowa State being bad. I have no doubt that Tennessee State would crush USF.

Comment

Northern Iowa also gave Iowa a tough game. I wouldn't be surprised to see all three Iowa teams in the tourney this year.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
            Northern Iowa also gave Iowa a tough game. I wouldn't be surprised to see all three Iowa teams in the tourney this year.
            Iowa State would be a long shot. Northern Iowa will probably have to win the MVC and they might. Iowa should be a lock unless they collapse during the Big X season.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think Iowa State has a decent shot at the tourney. Right now, Texas, Oklahoma State, and Kansas are the clear favorites in the Big XII. There are a bunch of teams bunched after them (Texas A&M will not continue its strong season, trust me.) Last year, I think there were five Big XII teams in the tournament. I can see a possibility of five this year and I can't see why Iowa State won't be a contender for one of those slots.

Comment

Working...
              X