Nagy named NABC Division I All-District Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagy named NABC Division I All-District Coach

Coach Nagy was named District 12 Coach of the year. An honor selected by his peers.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205401598
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Re: Nagy named NABC Division I All-District Coach

Congrats to Coach. Well deserved.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

First of all congrats to Nagy! Heck of honor. Program has come a long ways in the last 4-5 years. Still think Nagy should have got Summit Coach of the Year. Please don't give me the oh.. only if you win your conference can you win it bs. The Big East Coach of the Year was the USF coach that finished 6th in the conference. Why did he win it? Because his team was selected 14th preseason. Big 12 Coach of the year was Haith from Mizzou and they finished 2nd in conference. ACC coach of the year was Hamilton from FSU yet they only got third in their conference. SDSU was picked a distant, distant 3rd, basically tied with IUPUI. Being picked as the team to beat and winning but splitting with the team that finished second is not Coach of the Year material whereas finishing ahead of where you were preseason picked as. Preseason polls have every reason to do with Coach of the Year awards and just giving it out to the team with the best record is so flawed and too easy. Coach of the Year has much more variables to it.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Hell of an honor considering where this program was 5 years ago

Congrats Coach Nagy!! Hope there are many more awards to come down the road

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
          Congrats to Coach. Well deserved.
          ^^^^^^^ Good to see the recognition...validation of all the hard work and persistence.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            First of all congrats to Nagy! Heck of honor. Program has come a long ways in the last 4-5 years. Still think Nagy should have got Summit Coach of the Year. Please don't give me the oh.. only if you win your conference can you win it bs. The Big East Coach of the Year was the USF coach that finished 6th in the conference. Why did he win it? Because his team was selected 14th preseason. Big 12 Coach of the year was Haith from Mizzou and they finished 2nd in conference. ACC coach of the year was Hamilton from FSU yet they only got third in their conference. SDSU was picked a distant, distant 3rd, basically tied with IUPUI. Being picked as the team to beat and winning but splitting with the team that finished second is not Coach of the Year material whereas finishing ahead of where you were preseason picked as. Preseason polls have every reason to do with Coach of the Year awards and just giving it out to the team with the best record is so flawed and too easy. Coach of the Year has much more variables to it.
            After reading your reasoning for Nagy to win Summit coach of the year, I couldn't help but think that Molinari from Western Illinios should have won. Weren't they the surprise team in the league this year? They definitely were the surprise team in the conference tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
              After reading your reasoning for Nagy to win Summit coach of the year, I couldn't help but think that Molinari from Western Illinios should have won. Weren't they the surprise team in the league this year? They definitely were the surprise team in the conference tournament.
              I would agree with both choices. Coach of the year award came out before the Summit tourney. They were predicted to finish 9th and finished 6th so based off regular season Molinari would have had a tough time winning it just based off regular season.
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
              X