Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next year.

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure most of the games are already known, but a few remain and the dates are yet to be determined.My guess, the Jacks play Minnesota again, they probably play Buffalo (I believe they have option to play it following year), they have a 3 game tournament in New York, so prolly expect the Buffalo game to be parlayed with that game, and probably another game in the region. Expect 2-3 more BCS games, my guess Kansas, Mizzu and Oregon St. I doubt we'll play Washington again, and Nagy seemed not to like playing Nebraska. Wouldn't be surprised if SDSU went out and tried to buy a home game with a MVC team, in hopes of getting it ESPN in the house. There is a bracketbuster away game. I think the league cut the non-DI schedule from 2 to 1. So probably add a NSIC team to the schedule. Just my theories on the schedule.
    What is the 3 game tournament in New York?

Comment

Originally posted by dakotan heel View Post
      What is the 3 game tournament in New York?
      I thought it was the braketbuster or something like what we did in georgia.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I thought it was the braketbuster or something like what we did in georgia.
        The time we played 3 games in three days in Georgia was called the CBE Classic. This year it's on the east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          The time we played 3 games in three days in Georgia was called the CBE Classic. This year it's on the east coast.
          Ahh yeah thats the ticket.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            Yes but you're only allowed to play in a particular in-season "multiple team event" tournament once every four years, so whatever we have scheduled in W. New York next year won't be the CBE.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It took an unreasonable amount of Internet digging, but it appears that the MTE involving Niagara next year (that it seems SDSU is a part of, too) is the Gazelle Group's TicketCity Legends Classic.

It's structured similar to the CBE Classic in that that there are four "host" teams (Georgetown, Indiana, UCLA, Georgia in 2012) and eight nobodies. The big-name teams get a couple of home games (the nobodies get one game each at the big-boy sites) then go play in NYC in the big boy tournament, while the other eight nobodies get together at two sites (of which we assume Niagara is one) to get three more games in.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oral Roberts and Southern Utah leaving may have hurt our conference in the short run, but I think it leaves opportunities to get a couple more out of conference games that can be a head ache to find but could help our strength of schedule. It would be nice to be able to play a ranked team before the big dance just to say we have.

Comment

Yes, SDSU managed to not play NOT ONE GAME vs any of the other teams in the NCAA tourney. IMHO, that was the biggest factor in ending up a 14 seed rather than the 13 seed that Jacks should have been.

BTW, the Jacks WBB actually ended up at the correct seed. That's good that they are finally starting to get seeded where their RPI fit them.

Comment

It's never too early for bracket projections. This one has the Jacks in Kansas City,which would be awesome.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...nt-projection/

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      Yes, SDSU managed to not play NOT ONE GAME vs any of the other teams in the NCAA tourney. IMHO, that was the biggest factor in ending up a 14 seed rather than the 13 seed that Jacks should have been.

BTW, the Jacks WBB actually ended up at the correct seed. That's good that they are finally starting to get seeded where their RPI fit them.
                      Now if the womens committee will stop sending them to someone's home court for their first round game. Looking at the tournament,the Jacks were the only #13 seed that had to do that.Wouldn't be that bad if they hadn't done it to us 3 years in a row.

Comment

I wonder how Joey Feilmeier will be used next year. He was the one player I did not know much and he didn't quit the team as far as I know.

Comment

By the way I have nothing against Joey Feilmeier I just haven't seen him play yet. Which doesn't mean much, I was wondering where Braydon Carlson came from after his redshirt year and am more than happy with his production on the team. I had a chance to watch both Horstman and jacobson in the state tournament.

Comment

Braydon Carlson was a recruited scholarship player, that they asked if he would walk on for his red shirt season. Totally different situation.

Comment

Ok, I just wasn't following the team as close at the time particualarly because I was not on this message board, but I love all of the extra info it provides. I would imagine that spending a year practicing with the team woulod help just about any player that may have not gotten the most interest as a high schooler.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                                Ok, I just wasn't following the team as close at the time particualarly because I was not on this message board, but I love all of the extra info it provides. I would imagine that spending a year practicing with the team woulod help just about any player that may have not gotten the most interest as a high schooler.
                                Most definately and I hope he contributes. I just think that comparing any walk-on to Carlson is unfair, because technically Carlson wasn't a walk-on; more of the grey shirt; where they pay there redshirt season with the full understanding they will earn a scholarsihp after it.

Comment

Working...
                                X