Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the buzz? How many are headed to Albuquerque?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the buzz? How many are headed to Albuquerque?

I see here on the board some transportation activity picking up. What's the overall buzz up there in SD? How many people have you heard talking about heading down to The Pit?

A local KC sports talk show host was revealing his bracket picks, and said something like "I'm picking Baylor to get to the Elite Eight, which pretty much guarantees that South Dakota State will beat them in the first round . . ."
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: What's the buzz? How many are headed to Albuquerque?

Depending on where the women get sent to, me and a couple others may head down to The Pit and catch the women on the way back...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I am going to ask the wife what she thinks about a one day vacation for me at a great value of over $1,000. I have a feeling I know what the response will be, but I've got to try.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        I am going to ask the wife what she thinks about a one day vacation for me at a great value of over $1,000. I have a feeling I know what the response will be, but I've got to try.
        Its only money. buts its the only first time you can see SDSU in the tourney. I assume we will be getting back eventually but as a first, its sort of a big deal. If I wasnt booked solid at work thursday and friday I am pretty sure dad and I would be going.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I've been to 3 of the 4 women's NCAA games and the trip was well worth it. This year I am out for Thursday but hoping to head somewhere for the weekend.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My ticket is bought! Going to be a great time! I guess it's kind of like sex, there is only one first time!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Just trying to make sure the word gets out, here is info for the Men's side (Women's events to follow)

Pre-game:

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/index.aspx?sid=1108&gid=1&pgid=2248&cid=2700&ecid= 2700&crid=0&calpgid=13&calcid=685

Watch Parties:

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/index.aspx?sid=1108&gid=1&pgid=2231&cid=2683&ecid= 2683&crid=0&calpgid=61&calcid=949

I hope to see many of you in NM!

Go State!

Comment

My Wife and I are flying out of Omaha on Thursday morning and will be there at 2:10pm. Staying at Crown Plaza where the fan bus is staying.

KULaw, my wife said she would rather go to this than go on a cruise or Mexico! Man, I picked a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  I've been to 3 of the 4 women's NCAA games and the trip was well worth it. This year I am out for Thursday but hoping to head somewhere for the weekend.

West Lafayette Ind is about a13to 15 hour drive from Yankton

Comment

719 miles from Sioux Falls at about hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      West Lafayette Ind is about a13to 15 hour drive from Yankton
                      Can't leave town until 6 am Sat. morning, won't make it.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                        719 miles from Sioux Falls at about hrs.
                        avoiding speed cameras in Iowa, please go the speed limit through Sux City, or Cedar Rapids if you go that way. and Iowa City. 719 miles would be about nine to ten hours. my estimate was for more like 917 miles which it obviously isn't.

Comment

My aunt and her husband are going. So jealous

Comment

On the fan bus, leaving in the morning (Wednesday) at 6:30 a.m., going all the way to Albuquerque that day (and night). About a 17 hour drive from what I can see. Bus is full, and I'll be reliving the old days of the Back 'O the Bus, where we journeyed almost every other weekend during the conference season. In fact, just for kicks, I've dug out an old Back of the Bus shirt that I'm going to wear on the bus...which will be a good omen for a Jacks win at the Pit.

Comment

Heading out in the morning. Just two of us. Many were excited on Sunday, but bailed as the week went along. Can't wait to see the Rabbits run out of the tunnel for an NCAA game. Thank god for Sirius Radio - Go Rabbits!

Comment

Working...
                              X