Baylor Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baylor Site

Come on over to www.Bearstruth.com for some BU hoop talk. Ask questions here also and we'll try to answer as well.

Re: Baylor Site

Also there is http://www.baylorfans.com/forums which has more users but there are more assholes there than BearsTruth and the people at BearsTruth are more knowledgeable basketball people.

Comment

I wonder how long it will take for lakes will migrate to either one of these sites to spread his drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
        I wonder how long it will take for lakes will migrate to either one of these sites to spread his drivel.
        He's still hiding in the corner in the fetal position after the Jacks made it to the NCAA tourney
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Is he the NDSU fan from Anygivensaturday? His assholeness is known even in FBS circles.

Comment

Originally posted by BaylorHistory View Post
            Is he the NDSU fan from Anygivensaturday? His assholeness is known even in FBS circles.
            That would be the same lakesbison.

Comment

Originally posted by BaylorHistory View Post
              That would be the beloved lakesbison.

Looking forward to fair fight against a Baylor program that is on a fairly hot streak lately. Just a few years ago Baylor was marred in a 20 year NCAA tourney drought. SD State on the other hand has been DI only 5 years and tourney eligible only the last 4 years. This is our first 20 win season at the DI level after a very successful DII era with the exception of national tourney success. 1 championship and 1 runner-up with no national tourney wins in the 90's.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That would be the same lakesbison.
                This was his latest twitter post, "Ndsu's big dance bracket show had thousands, #Sdsu's?...about 12 nerds, congrats to Baylor and Percy for thier 1st round bye." No I don't follow but was quite curious on what he had to say about the Jacks
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ethridge View Post
                  Come on over to www.Bearstruth.com for some BU hoop talk. Ask questions here also and we'll try to answer as well.
                  Thanks, and welcome. One point and one request.
                  One, Jacks are not a one-man team, as some of your early posters said.
                  And two, we are South Dakota STATE - not South Dakota, as one of your posters just called us.
                  Calling us "South Dakota" is disrespectful and tantamount to referring to Michigan State as Michigan, Florida State as Florida, or Oklahoma State as Oklahoma. Please pass that onto your posters.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    This was his latest twitter post, "Ndsu's big dance bracket show had thousands, #Sdsu's?...about 12 nerds, congrats to Baylor and Percy for thier 1st round bye." No I don't follow but was quite curious on what he had to say about the Jacks
                    dude you gotta gimme his handle on twitter
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Ask him who Percy is...

Comment

Short time lurker, first time poster.

First, if you haven't figured it out, you can get into a pissing contest on baylorfans.com Some good guys over there, but it's also a cluster and not a real representation of most baylor fans. I recommend BearsTruth for some actual discussion.

Second, I think this has the makings of a good first round matchup. A 3 vs 13 should look lopsided on paper, but it has been said here, that games are not played on paper. My Bears are starting to play better as a team and I think most Baylor fans are encouraged by the Big 12 tournament overall, even if the last game did not turn out well for us. I think we're as athletic as anyone in the country, but can be turnover prone and lazy on defense when not interested. As a result, we can play down to competition and leave teams a window to beat us. If we're playing well, we matchup with anyone, but if we're disinterested, then we can be beat by about anyone.

My questions for you guys are simple. What are SDSU's strengths? Where have y'all struggle this year? What type of tempo would y'all prefer to have? At the end of the day, what is it going to take to knock off Baylor?

Best of luck in the game. Obviously I hope the Bears win, but I'm looking forward to some conversation with you guys and I hope if able you'll make it to Albuquerque to cheer your boys on.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Thanks, and welcome. One point and one request.
                          One, Jacks are not a one-man team, as some of your early posters said.
                          And two, we are South Dakota STATE - not South Dakota, as one of your posters just called us.
                          Calling us "South Dakota" is disrespectful and tantamount to referring to Michigan State as Michigan, Florida State as Florida, or Oklahoma State as Oklahoma. Please pass that onto your posters.
                          I doubt it was meant as disrespect and no offense, but many people will see a one man team when he scores over 20 a game. Point out the troll and we'll ban his IP to avoid the issue of reading his nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Teamhuey View Post
                            Short time lurker, first time poster.

First, if you haven't figured it out, you can get into a pissing contest on baylorfans.com Some good guys over there, but it's also a cluster and not a real representation of most baylor fans. I recommend BearsTruth for some actual discussion.

Second, I think this has the makings of a good first round matchup. A 3 vs 13 should look lopsided on paper, but it has been said here, that games are not played on paper. My Bears are starting to play better as a team and I think most Baylor fans are encouraged by the Big 12 tournament overall, even if the last game did not turn out well for us. I think we're as athletic as anyone in the country, but can be turnover prone and lazy on defense when not interested. As a result, we can play down to competition and leave teams a window to beat us. If we're playing well, we matchup with anyone, but if we're disinterested, then we can be beat by about anyone.

My questions for you guys are simple. What are SDSU's strengths? Where have y'all struggle this year? What type of tempo would y'all prefer to have? At the end of the day, what is it going to take to knock off Baylor?

Best of luck in the game. Obviously I hope the Bears win, but I'm looking forward to some conversation with you guys and I hope if able you'll make it to Albuquerque to cheer your boys on.
                            Strengths are ball movement, three-point shooting, team defense, and arguably one of the top point guards around. Noticed a poster over on one of your fan sites saying the Jackrabbits were terrible at rebounding; don't know where that comes from since they have a 2.4 rebounds a game advantage over all opponents and are relentless board crashers. But Jacks also don't see your size and quickness inside very often, and that could be trouble for SDSU on the boards. Rebounding will be key. If the Jacks don't let the bright lights get to them early and hold their own on the boards, if the game is called physically, and if the Jacks' 3-point shooters drain a few early to gain confidence on this stage, your guys will know they are in for a game. But there should be no element of surprise after that CBS analyst predicted an SDSU win. Honestly, I think most posters on this site would say that overstates Jacks' chances.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Strengths are ball movement, three-point shooting, team defense, and arguably one of the top point guards around. Noticed a poster over on one of your fan sites saying the Jackrabbits were terrible at rebounding; don't know where that comes from since they have a 2.4 rebounds a game advantage over all opponents and are relentless board crashers. But Jacks also don't see your size and quickness inside very often, and that could be trouble for SDSU on the boards. Rebounding will be key. If the Jacks don't let the bright lights get to them early and hold their own on the boards, if the game is called physically, and if the Jacks' 3-point shooters drain a few early to gain confidence on this stage, your guys will know they are in for a game. But there should be no element of surprise after that CBS analyst predicted an SDSU win. Honestly, I think most posters on this site would say that overstates Jacks' chances.
                              Seth Davis definitely just gave our guys some bulliten board material. But this time of year, if you need something like that, your tournament is probably going to be short lived. We are hit or miss on rebounding, but I really feel like we've improved in almost every facet of the game recently, especially in the last week. Hence the reason we really outplayed KSU and KU. I'm really looking forward to the game because I hope our guys feel like they have something to prove this year after we tanked last season.

Comment

Working...
                              X