Summit League Tournament Semifinal - SUU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Tournament Semifinal - SUU

SUU just shocked Oakland 84-82. Oakland made a Summit League Tournament record 15 3's but ended up losing. Reggie Hamilton missed 3 FT's down the stretch as well as another jumper. I think we can all agree this is a better matchup for the Jacks. Go Jacks!

Re: Summit League Tournament Semifinal - SUU

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    SUU just shocked Oakland 84-82. Oakland made a Summit League Tournament record 15 3's but ended up losing. Reggie Hamilton missed 3 FT's down the stretch as well as another jumper. I think we can all agree this is a better matchup for the Jacks. Go Jacks!
    I just can't believe Oakland fell apart like that. SDSU needs to control the boards and pick up the tempo and push the ball tomorrow. Should be a great game!
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

We will never know how many three's Bader would have gotten against SDSU. I thought it was interesting that Bader got a tecnnical after bagging a three. I tend to believe he is on the cocky side and it got him in trouble tonight. I think SDSU will have to be ready to play against SUU.

Comment

As I stated on a previous thread - Respect all opponents. Go Rabbits!

Comment

wow.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Southern Utah scares the heck out of me

Oakland was up 11 and I started watching TV, thinking it was over

Comment

Like I said there is always an upset. Oru women. Oakland men. I actually was hoping hamilton would make that jumper with a few seconds left and send it to over time. It was a long hard fought game. Similar to the one sdsu had with ipfw last year. Suu doesn't play a deep bench. We need to control the tempo and make them run.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

kind of like the Jacks collapse at Oakland this past Feb. Up big, got behind came back and then with a chance to win Nate missed some key free throws and shots. Hopefully the high SUU was on after the game last night will turn into a hangover today. Sure they didn't get much sleep last night.

Comment

I predict a big night by Nate they couldn't stop him when they had fresh legs, after a night like last night I'm sure the their legs will catch up to them.

Comment

You would think playing 40 minutes at Oakland's up and down pace will catch up to SUU at some point. Their lone big man I believe played the entire 40 minutes. There will be a size mis-match somewhere inside,as they will have to put a 6'6 player on either Jordan or Tony. I would guess Massey will stay inside on Tony,as I don't think they want him pulled outside chasing Jordan.

Comment

Watched most of the SUU-Oakland game last night and it was very entertaining. Both teams had portions of the game where they played marginal defense, otherwise both teams were playing a very high level of basketball. Jackson Stevenett impressed me with his ability to play with the ball in his hands and in the post. Shifty, good ball handler, and surpisingly strong for an undersized forward. Oakland had troubles stopping him even when they double teamed him down low. Damon Heuir looked like a smaller, slower Nate, who doesn't have the ability to get to the rim like Nate. However, he had ice in his veins when they needed him. They also shot surprising well from beyond the arc to help overcome Oaklands 15 trey's.

I missed both of our games against the Thunderbirds. What was the keys to both victories over them? I'm guessing Jordan causes more mismatches than anything, since they don't have a big that can defend from the arc or a small forward physical enough to match up inside. I'm also hoping that Tony brings the extra effort he has displayed in several games down the stretch. Having two bigs that can be consistant threats to score should make a difference. I also believe whoever Damon Heuir has to defend is aggressive. He appeared to have limited ability guarding either Hamilton or Bader. With his limited size, it would be nice to see whoever he is guarding attack the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                        I predict a big night by Nate they couldn't stop him when they had fresh legs, after a night like last night I'm sure the their legs will catch up to them.
                        ^^^This

Reggie Hamilton was embarrassing every SUU player that tried to guard him last night, and it will be more of the same with Nate tonight.

Last time these two teams played, Nate, after making another layup and heading back on defense, looked over at Coach Nagy on the bench and said something along the lines of "They can't stop me!"
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                          Watched most of the SUU-Oakland game last night and it was very entertaining. Both teams had portions of the game where they played marginal defense, otherwise both teams were playing a very high level of basketball. Jackson Stevenett impressed me with his ability to play with the ball in his hands and in the post. Shifty, good ball handler, and surpisingly strong for an undersized forward. Oakland had troubles stopping him even when they double teamed him down low. Damon Heuir looked like a smaller, slower Nate, who doesn't have the ability to get to the rim like Nate. However, he had ice in his veins when they needed him. They also shot surprising well from beyond the arc to help overcome Oaklands 15 trey's.

I missed both of our games against the Thunderbirds. What was the keys to both victories over them? I'm guessing Jordan causes more mismatches than anything, since they don't have a big that can defend from the arc or a small forward physical enough to match up inside. I'm also hoping that Tony brings the extra effort he has displayed in several games down the stretch. Having two bigs that can be consistant threats to score should make a difference. I also believe whoever Damon Heuir has to defend is aggressive. He appeared to have limited ability guarding either Hamilton or Bader. With his limited size, it would be nice to see whoever he is guarding attack the paint.
                          Was at the game in Brookings - low scoring (66-56),SUU tried to slow the game down by using the entire shot clock on every possession. Nate had 31,Griff was the only other Jack in double figures. Fiegen played limited minutes doe to foul trouble,and that was the game where Jordan got hammered on a shot and hurt his neck/back. Stevennet also got in foul trouble early and only scored 4 - Jones was their big scorer that night. I would guess they slow the pace again - the way SUU played last night was totally different than how they played at Frost.

Comment

Well in watching the game last night I thought Oakland lost the game in the first 5 minutes. The let SUU out of the gate and allowed them to get their offense going. That gave them confidence and allowed them to hang around.

We have lost games the same way. When we allow someone to get hot out the gate, they stay hot throughout the game. We need to jump on them early with our defense if we want to win this game with ease.

If we allow them to score early and often like Oakland did, then we will be in a dog fight.

I do like this match-up better than Oakland.

Go State!!!!
                            Go Jacks!!!!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              We will never know how many three's Bader would have gotten against SDSU. I thought it was interesting that Bader got a tecnnical after bagging a three. I tend to believe he is on the cocky side and it got him in trouble tonight. I think SDSU will have to be ready to play against SUU.
                              The jacks will be ready! According to the players, Bader is a "punk". They were looking forward to putting the hurt on him. No reoccurance of the game in Oakland was going to happen. I think their energy and focus for tonight and tomorrow is good!
                              Last edited by SDSU Dad; 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X