Summit League Tournament Quarterfinal - IUPUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Tournament Quarterfinal - IUPUI

I figured we should make a thread for this game by now. Alex Young scares the hell outta me, but I do believe we will win. Hopefully it's a big crowd and a home atmosphere. Let's go Jacks!

Re: Summit League Tournament Quarterfinal - IUPUI

thanks, it was time

Comment

Just wondered if anyone knows if there is going to be pregame at Nutty's or somewhere else or what is going on before or between games. Plan on being up there for all 14 games.

Comment

Originally posted by dozer1981 View Post
        Just wondered if anyone knows if there is going to be pregame at Nutty's or somewhere else or what is going on before or between games. Plan on being up there for all 14 games.
        There is info posted in the Other Athletics/Alumni/Fundraising News section.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Jacks1 is right...89Rabbit and his capable crew have it all set up...here's the link to the Alumni Association website where the event is described: http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...re-game-events

Same location...called Boonie's now.

Comment

That link isn't working try this one

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Comment

I hope Bleacher Report is correct - Go Rabbits!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ng-shoes-ready

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post

ESPN likes us too

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post

The guy who wrote that is an SDSU student, so... yeah...
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Meh. It's gonna be a good game, but I guess I'm not as scared about IUPUI as most. They are 14-17 (7-11) for reason. (They aren't that good.)
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      Meh. It's gonna be a good game, but I guess I'm not as scared about IUPUI as most. They are 14-17 (7-11) for reason. (They aren't that good.)
                      I agree - the Jacks beat IUPUI in a game where Nate wasn't quite Nate,and Griff and Carlson scored under their averages. Meanwhile,Young had an average game for him,and I thought the rest of their lineup played about as well as they can,and they aren't real deep,especially with their bigs. Plus,their coach has never been the head coach in the tournament situation so you have to give the edge to Nagy in the coaching department. Factor in the crowd,and it all adds up to a Jacks win.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Jacks1 is right...89Rabbit and his capable crew have it all set up...here's the link to the Alumni Association website where the event is described: http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...re-game-events

Same location...called Boonie's now.
                        You are right JD it is going to be tons of fun and we encourage everyone to stop by (Alumni and Friends/Fans of SDSU), all are welcome. When we added the registration feature to the Alumni Association web site, it changed the link that I originally posted. I have updated the link and it now works properly. Hope to see many of you in Sioux Falls starting on Saturday.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          I think SDSU will win the game but IUPUI is playing good basketball right now. Some people look at the last 10 games going into the tourney. The last 8 games works (not 10) for my theory. They have won 6 of their last 8. Their loses were @ORU in overtime and @SDSU by 11. SDSU had them beat but playing ORU to overtime on their home court isn't a bad game. You show me another team in the conference that played ORU that tough in Tulsa.
                          SDSU is the better team but I'd rather play NDSU, Western Illinois or Southern Utah instead of IUPUI right now. In my opinion, we have the toughest draw we can get. ORU, Oakland and IUPUI are the top 3 teams in the conference not named SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            In my opinion, we have the toughest draw we can get. ORU, Oakland and IUPUI are the top 3 teams in the conference not named SDSU.
                            No doubt about that. This is going to be a battle and is very different than the womens' tournament. I'm glad Sunday is an off-day. I don't think there will be any "garbage time" to rest the starters in the IUPUI game. It will be tough and the guys will be worn out if they get the win.

Comment

No doubt that SDSU, ORU, Oakland, and IUPUI are the four teams by far playing the best in the conference right now. Its a shame IUPUI waited so long to figure it out, they're playing much, much better than a 7 seed, and deserved a better draw than SDSU for their first conference tournament game. All four of them should have been playing on Monday.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X