Buena Vista is unbeaten . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buena Vista is unbeaten . . .

Meaning we're going to need a top effort from our guys this weekend. They're a very dangerous D-III team.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Buena Vista is unbeaten . . .

This Saturday's game is the Lamb Bonanza and the students are back I hope we have a good crowd.

Here is a link to BVU:

http://www.bvu.edu/athletics/sports/mbasketball/

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Beavers! ;D

Comment

Hanging my hat in Brookings for a few days and hope to attend the game tomorrow night. I got my walking in at Frost and finished about the time men's practice began so i watched for awhile. Steve Holdren appears to be under the weather, there was one guy who appeared very ill, wearing wintercoat, and stocking cap who was not practicing. He also spent time lying on the scoring bench using it as a bed. I saw no Steve on the floor, so am pretty certain that it was him who maybe should have been home in bed. Apparently even if you are ill, you still must be at practice and if that is the case, I not to comfortable about that requirement.

Our faithful and hardworking coach Nagy is trying to get things going. I think if most of us were in his shoes right now, we probably be reaching for the first available job in insurance or brokerage or some other non coaching vocation. It going to take more than one bad season for Coach Nagy to even think in those terms. I think we can all agree Coach Nagy is not a quitter.

I have not detected anyone on this board to be anywhere close to the barbershop crowd in the movie "Hoosiers", and I hope no one will go there.
      No matter how poorly our team effort appears, we dont have a coaching problem.

Our version of Coach Norman Dale, Scott Nagy is very much trying to make a basketball team out of these young guys so I guess I am not saying anything that we did not already know. We need to continue our patience and hope we can shut this D3 team down tomorrow night.

There is no doubt we have young talent. I am really impressed offensively with Andre Gilbert. I dont think he is on to the Nagy defense just yet as are the other red shirt kids. Andy Cone and Matt Wilber are doing their parts and help often in the corrections when needed. Andy Cone was filling in at the five during some of the scrimmages and wow he has not lost his touch as a player.

Comment

I wish I could be there this weekend. My finance is back for her final 3 months of classroom instruction at the U so I'm heading down south. I may try to catch the "new" rivalry between Augie and USD.

Let's go rabbits....

Comment

If you go let us know what you think.

Go State! ;D

Comment

If he lets us know what he thought will he be accused of the second coming of USD and all they fight for, assigned a red letter and placed in purgatory.   ;D ;D

Just kidding.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
              If he lets us know what he thought will he be accused of the second coming of USD and all they fight for, assigned a red letter and placed in purgatory.   ;D ;D

Just kidding.

I was a little hesitant to bring up the fact the I'm even considering going to a USD game that's not vs. SDSU for fear being banished from the board

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

I was a little hesitant to bring up the fact the I'm even considering going to a USD game that's not vs. SDSU for fear being banished from the board
                Not for that, but maybe for being a Bronco fan (just kidding no need to worry filbert).

Comment

If you go you'll see the most talented men's BB team in the state and I'm not talking about Augie. That said, I don't think it will translate into a NCC title or playoff success. Boots and his teams have a history of late season collapses. Perhaps I'm wrong and this year they will break through.

As for SDSU, I can't leave Rochester, on call every night this month. I'll be listening when I can. Can't take Vista for granted. I expect this to be a tight game. After all, the Jacks haven't shown me anything the last 3 games. I hope that changes.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Not for that, but maybe for being a Bronco fan (just kidding no need to worry filbert).  

At least we're still playing ;D

Comment

At least we're still playing ;D
                      Yeah, one more game. Plummer should find a different occupation.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Yeah, one more game.  Plummer should find a different occupation.
                        Whaaaat?

Quick quiz...

1)  Who holds the Broncos single season record for TD passes?

2)  Who holds the Broncos single season record for passing yards in a season?

3)  Who holds the Broncos single season record for giving the bird to home fans?

4)  What % of the snaps did Jake Plummer take this year?

Answer

A1  Jake Plummer, 27
                        A2  Jake Plummer 4,089
                        A3  Jake Plummer 1
                        A4  100%

***I'm not saying the Broncos are going to play more than 1 playoff game

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Hey! I'm looking forward to the Broncos getting blown out in Indy tomorrow (it always happens!) :-[
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

At the half.  SDSU 31 - BVU 26.  Holdren not playing due to illness. Still not shooting well, but doing a nice job on the boards.

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Beavers!  

Comment

SDSU 41 - BVU 31 with 15:12 to play.

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Beavers! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X