Griff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griff

When Griff Callahan was recognized, with his family surrounding him, there was a moment I thought 'what will Jackrabbit basketball be like without Griff?' -- That's a scarey thought. And yet, because of Griff and some others who preceded him, SDSU's men's program is at that point when every year we're going to wonder how we'll possibly survive graduation because we're steadily getting excellent players in the program.

From the big screen at Frost tonight:

Attached Files

Re: Griff

It's weird that such a tough and hardworking player has such a beautiful shot.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      When Griff Callahan was recognized, with his family surrounding him, there was a moment I thought 'what will Jackrabbit basketball be like without Griff?' -- That's a scarey thought. And yet, because of Griff and some others who preceded him, SDSU's men's program is at that point when every year we're going to wonder how we'll possibly survive graduation because we're steadily getting excellent players in the program.

From the big screen at Frost tonight:

Nice picture......good work JackJD!

Comment

Good work JackJD. I want to extend my appreciation to the Callahans for sending both Griff and Garrett to SDSU. I recall hearing second or third hand that Griff was a better defensive player than Garrett when he transferred down from UND. What prize we got when Griff hit the scene. A very hard working and consistant player is what he is. He has played the role of a senior in an excellent manner. He will be missed next year. Good luck with your future Griff.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Good work JackJD. I want to extend my appreciation to the Callahans for sending both Griff and Garrett to SDSU. I recall hearing second or third hand that Griff was a better defensive player than Garrett when he transferred down from UND. What prize we got when Griff hit the scene. A very hard working and consistant player is what he is. He has played the role of a senior in an excellent manner. He will be missed next year. Good luck with your future Griff.
          Griff will be missed and I also extend my thank yous to the Callahans. But, Griff leaves this Jackrabbit team in great shape. Griff still has some basketball to play as a Jack. Maybe, just maybe 4 or 5 more games? Thanks Griff.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            Griff will be missed and I also extend my thank yous to the Callahans. But, Griff leaves this Jackrabbit team in great shape. Griff still has some basketball to play as a Jack. Maybe, just maybe 4 or 5 more games? Thanks Griff.

GBGBGJ
            Griff can play 9 more games and call it a career at SDSU
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I don't think there is any question that Griff had a HUGE part in changing the mentallity of this team into one of grit and determination to fight for everything. It has certainly rubbed off on the other players and his legacy will be the impact that he has made on the players to follow!

Griff Callahan is one tough hombre and it has been a pleasure to watch him play in the Yellow and Blue. Best of luck in your future!

Now let's play a few more games!!!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Griff story

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/201...ncing/akhrx0p/

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                  I rewatched the end of the championship game earlier tonite, and you can see Heemstra on the floor, just his head and then the crowd swallows him up when they rushed the court. Real surprised they weren't hurt. That would have been stupid as hell.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    I rewatched the end of the championship game earlier tonite, and you can see Heemstra on the floor, just his head and then the crowd swallows him up when they rushed the court. Real surprised they weren't hurt. That would have been stupid as hell.
                    And our fans rushed the court. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. We might be a little more careful in the future. Our players are needed more than our emotions.

Comment

Marcus looked a little frightened.

How about Griff hitting those FT's? Shaking a little he says. I would have been lucky to hit the rim. HUGE shots by Griff!!
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Marcus looked a little frightened.

How about Griff hitting those FT's? Shaking a little he says. I would have been lucky to hit the rim. HUGE shots by Griff!!
                        I was talking about that yesterday with my roommates. The only way I would have hit ANYTHING in that situation is if I would have thrown the ball as hard as I could have at the backboard.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Thanks for everything Griff. You experienced the hard times. Thanks for being the leader and helping us see our way out of that. Thanks also to Garrett, Kai, Mark, Clint, and the others. They all share a part in this seasons success. Good luck in whatever the future holds for you and maybe someday we will see you back at Frost cheering on your brother Conlon. Would love nothing more than to see another Callahan play here.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                            Thanks for everything Griff. You experienced the hard times. Thanks for being the leader and helping us see our way out of that. Thanks also to Garrett, Kai, Mark, Clint, and the others. They all share a part in this seasons success. Good luck in whatever the future holds for you and maybe someday we will see you back at Frost cheering on your brother Conlon. Would love nothing more than to see another Callahan play here.
                            Well said, sir, and rep points to follow. Here's hoping that when he's 80 he will still be telling his grandkids about that block of a kid eight inches taller in the NCAA tournament when he's 80 years old. Does anyone have video to post on that? That is video that needs to be on this site.

Comment

And especially in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X