Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Great Frost Arena Crowd

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Also thought it was great when they screamed whenever Parks got the ball after he let out a yell earlier in the game.
    I was chuckling about that all the way down here in KC when I heard it over the video feed . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I know not every one likes duke but they come up with some good stuff yet do a lot of the tradition cameron crazie type stuff a lot of the time and honestly speedo man was pretty funny.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Has anyone ever seen a college crowd do the roller coaster cheer? I know a bunch of the students at DWU and I sit with them and we do it all the time at games. Or there is this one kid who stands and tries to distract the other team while doing the "Bernie" (Lomax).
        Great moments are born from great opportunities.
        ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I know not every one likes duke but they come up with some good stuff yet do a lot of the tradition cameron crazie type stuff a lot of the time and honestly speedo man was pretty funny.

Not a Duke fan but always like watching games played at Cameron.

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
            Has anyone ever seen a college crowd do the roller coaster cheer? I know a bunch of the students at DWU and I sit with them and we do it all the time at games. Or there is this one kid who stands and tries to distract the other team while doing the "Bernie" (Lomax).

Thats pretty cool. I had to go on youtube and see what it was.

Comment

Is this the real roller coaster?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggl6VG0zUTw

Comment

Here are the Central Catholic High School kids doing the roller coaster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNZhsJgtFko

I
                t's shorter, but you get the point. The one in the above post seems more scripted. Usually the person in front dictates which way everyone is going. I saw this while I was playing in high school actually.

Again, the last video in the group of 3 above is really good. They have a kid playing Moses who parts the Red Sea (their student section). Good stuff.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

All these cheers are good and all but without someone getting them started as in making them up,getting the word out about them, getting the other students to do them, and leading the students during the game I don't think much is going to happen. Also during the WIU game, for long periods of time it was very quiet in Frost. Doesn't matter if its a close game or a blowout, that arena should be noisey as heck for forty minutes, plus ten before the start of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Is this the real roller coaster?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggl6VG0zUTw
                    Yep that's what we do, except we stop to pretend to puke and we stop to "smile for the camera."
                    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                    X