Bison-Buffalo and a seven-game season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison-Buffalo and a seven-game season

Not a cliche: As great as a 20-win season is, it's all for naught if the Jacks don't take care of business and see the next seven games as a challenge that rarely comes along in any college players' lifetime. This is a very crucial time for the Jacks, mentally, and it starts with the Bison, and segues right quickly into that nationally televised bracketbuster against Buffalo on Saturday.

For all practical purposes, each game from now on out should be treated like a tournament game. The next four won't matter much for the overall success of the season (unless Jacks lose all four, which would be a disaster). But they are as crucial as that first game of the tournament in terms of momentum, focus, enthusiasm, etc. The fact that all are at home is a unique sitiatuation, and that should not be squandered. For all practical purposes, the Jacks have seven home games when it really is counting. Rarely do teams ever have an opportunity lined up like this.

Strangely, that USD loss might have been exactly what the doctor ordered as far as getting this team's attention.

There is a lot to be earned in the next three weeks, probably as much as any men's basketball team that SDSU has ever had the opportunity to earn.

Re: Bison-Buffalo and a seven-game season

i couldnt disagree more with the idea that the 20 win season is for nothing if we dont succeed in the next 7 games. but i couldnt agree more that we have some amazing opportunities ahead of us

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
      i couldnt disagree more with the idea that the 20 win season is for nothing if we dont succeed in the next 7 games. but i couldnt agree more that we have some amazing opportunities ahead of us
      Valid point but wouldn't you agree that it's within reago to make this so much more than the first 20-win D-1 season?

Comment

Truely an opportunity we cannot let slip away. Win four in a row at home and go into the Summit tournament full of confidence. But, I cannot agree that a loss to USD is what this team needed to refocus. If anything it really set this teams confidence back - in my humble opinion! You can learn just as much from a win anytime. I would rather learn from a win than a loss.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Not a cliche: As great as a 20-win season is, it's all for naught if the Jacks don't take care of business and see the next seven games as a challenge that rarely comes along in any college players' lifetime. This is a very crucial time for the Jacks, mentally, and it starts with the Bison, and segues right quickly into that nationally televised bracketbuster against Buffalo on Saturday.

For all practical purposes, each game from now on out should be treated like a tournament game. The next four won't matter much for the overall success of the season (unless Jacks lose all four, which would be a disaster). But they are as crucial as that first game of the tournament in terms of momentum, focus, enthusiasm, etc. The fact that all are at home is a unique sitiatuation, and that should not be squandered. For all practical purposes, the Jacks have seven home games when it really is counting. Rarely do teams ever have an opportunity lined up like this.

Strangely, that USD loss might have been exactly what the doctor ordered as far as getting this team's attention.

There is a lot to be earned in the next three weeks, probably as much as any men's basketball team that SDSU has ever had the opportunity to earn.

Comment

TV's Twitter

From ESPN: Bob Valvano (brother of Jim) and Mike Crispino (NY Knicks radio guy), will call the Buffalo at SDSU game on ESPNU Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by BudLight Jackrabbit View Post
            TV's Twitter

From ESPN: Bob Valvano (brother of Jim) and Mike Crispino (NY Knicks radio guy), will call the Buffalo at SDSU game on ESPNU Saturday.
            Pretty good team, actually

Comment

Valid point but wouldn't you agree that it's within reago to make this so much more than the first 20-win D-1 season?
              Yup, thats the right attitude to have.. im just sayin that on the slight chance we choke at the end of the year i dont wanna wash away the awesome 20 wins. well, i mean for the players i wouldnt want them to forget the great regular season they've had up to this point. As fans whatever the hek attitude floats your boat !

Comment

Jacks need to pull it together and finish strong, and go into the Summit League tournament on a roll.

Their only path to the NCAA tournament is to win the Summit League tournament, so they'll need to play three good games in four days, after playing four tough home games to close out the regular season.

Time to get focused and locked-in.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Of course I hope Da Bison find a way to win this game...but other than when you play us I will be pulling for you guys. Good luck with the rest of the season and tournament. Since I think our chance of winning the tournament is next to nothing, I hope you guys get it.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                    Of course I hope Da Bison find a way to win this game...but other than when you play us I will be pulling for you guys. Good luck with the rest of the season and tournament. Since I think our chance of winning the tournament is next to nothing, I hope you guys get it.
                    Tusen Takk TAB.

Comment

Hvor mye for eders kvinner?

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                        Hvor mye for eders kvinner?
                        Shame on you. Funny though

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Shame on you. Funny though
                          Just trying to spark conversation.

Comment

Hey! Ole` n Sven! Get a room if going to talk like that!

Comment

There is no way that I can look at that loss to USD as exactly what the doctor ordered to wake the team up! Sure, that is the only way to spin it but I'm not buying it! Losing to them is NEVER good! I was happy to see a solid bounce back against UNKC. The rest are on our turf!

Time to roll towards Sioux Falls!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X