All Conference Teams Based On What We Have Seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Conference Teams Based On What We Have Seen

It is early but we may have have two of the top 12 players in the league with Wolters and Dykstra and the 6th man of the year in White and possibly Coach of the year in Nagy.

1st Team: Morrison (ORU), Wolters (SDSU), Braun (NDSU), A. Young (IUPUI), Hamilton (OAK), Gaines (IPFW)

2nd Team: Bader (OAK), Dykstra (SDSU), Parks (WIU), Westbrook (USD), Craion (ORU), Callahan (SDSU) or Chamberlain (UMKC)

The more I looked at it Callahan has a chance also to get on this team.

Thoughts and Comments?

GBGBGJ

Re: All Conference Teams Based On What We Have Seen

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
    It is early but we may have have two of the top 12 players in the league with Wolters and Dykstra and the 6th man of the year in White and possibly Coach of the year in Nagy.

1st Team: Morrison (ORU), Wolters (SDSU), Braun (NDSU), A. Young (IUPUI), Hamilton (OAK), Gaines (IPFW)

2nd Team: Bader (OAK), Dykstra (SDSU), Parks (WIU), Westbrook (USD), Craion (ORU), Callahan (SDSU) or Chamberlain (UMKC)

Thoughts and Comments?

GBGBGJ
    Maybe have to put clark from wiu on the 2nd team. Otherwise you got my vote. I just feel oru will get 1 more on second team bell holter or roundtree imo.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Thoughts and Comments?

GBGBGJ
      It's hard to ignore Bader after last night,but if he goes back to the way he has been playing,I'm not sure he belongs on the top two teams.

Comment

Thoughts and Comments?

GBGBGJ
        If ORU ends league play with one loss, it will be tough to have only 2 all league players. IMO, they will have Morrison and 2 second teamers.

IMO, at this point, Callahan makes second team before Dykstra. He averages more points and more rebounds than Jordan.

Alex Young is really interesting. His team has 2 league wins, its pretty tough to make first team when your team has that many ahead of it in league standings. Not impossible, but tough.

I won't list names, but here's my prediction:
        1st Team: ORU (1), SDSU (1), OU (1), IUPUI (1), WIU (1)
        2nd Team: ORU (2), SDSU (1), NDSU (1), SUU (1)
        Teams left out: IPFW, UMKC, USD

Speaking from a statistical standpoint, Wolters should be MVP.

Wolters is 2nd in scoring, 20th in rebounding, 1st in assists, 6th in steals, 3rd in minutes played.

Morrison is 4th in scoring, not top 20 in rebounding, not top 15 in assists, not top 15 in steals, 2nd in minutes played. He is 3rd in 3 point percentage and 3 pointers made. Morrison is a great, great player. But he looks pretty one dimensional when compared to Wolters. However, his team is pretty dominant at this point, so maybe that trumps statistics.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          If ORU ends league play with one loss, it will be tough to have only 2 all league players. IMO, they will have Morrison and 2 second teamers.

IMO, at this point, Callahan makes second team before Dykstra. He averages more points and more rebounds than Jordan.

Alex Young is really interesting. His team has 2 league wins, its pretty tough to make first team when your team has that many ahead of it in league standings. Not impossible, but tough.

I won't list names, but here's my prediction:
          1st Team: ORU (1), SDSU (1), OU (1), IUPUI (1), WIU (1)
          2nd Team: ORU (2), SDSU (1), NDSU (1), SUU (1)
          Teams left out: IPFW, UMKC, USD

Speaking from a statistical standpoint, Wolters should be MVP.

Wolters is 2nd in scoring, 20th in rebounding, 1st in assists, 6th in steals, 3rd in minutes played.

Morrison is 4th in scoring, not top 20 in rebounding, not top 15 in assists, not top 15 in steals, 2nd in minutes played. He is 3rd in 3 point percentage and 3 pointers made. Morrison is a great, great player. But he looks pretty one dimensional when compared to Wolters. However, his team is pretty dominant at this point, so maybe that trumps statistics.

That is why I had Callahan also possibly 2nd team, however Jordan Dykstra is averaging more points and rebounds in league play than Griffan. Gaines from IPFW is averaging 20 points per game and will make it IMO. Westbrook is up and down and should get left off. ORU is way more balnced after Morrison and just like our woman's team hard to get 3 on the two teams. Taylor Braun is hard to overlook on first team with his numbers. Bader is up and down, but seems to be gettting it togather.

It is just nice to see three possible players from SDSU with a chance of landing on these teams. White and Alexander (NDSU possibly starting now) seem to be front runners for 6th man of the year.

Can't wait for the ORU and Jacks game in February.

Comment

Working...
          X