Bellevue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellevue

This game could define how the rest of the MBB season goes. If the guys come out tentative and let BC get up on them, we might as well start seriously talking about baseball and 2005-06. If they come out with some confidence and poise and play up to their potential, then we can start circling the Colorado game as one we might try to steal from a major conference team.

Here's why: The CU-SDSU game is a Monday night game. CU plays Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse the previous Saturday afternoon, and has Texas A&M the following Saturday. CU played KU real close earlier this year, and I'd expect an all out physical war in that Big 12 game. Texas A&M is much better than in past years, but both CU and TAMU will be struggling for position in the Big 12 tournament. All of this makes the CU-SDSU game a classic sandwich game.

Now, I don't know if we'll be able to take advantage of it, but hope springs eternal, you know?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Bellevue

I want to send a little hope out to those that are starting to feel depressed over this season. The freshman that are redshirted are d**n good, and the practices that I have seen prove it. Each time you see that group kicking the crap out the older guys. Not that they are any good. The talent is there folks, but its very young. Besides how can a team set a tone for a game when there is no REAL leadership from the seniors. By all means this is not the time to leave the stands and hide at home listening to the games, but instead the jackrabbit nation needs to go out in force and support all the athletes and let them know we are behind them 100%. We all saw what happened against NDSU when the crowd looked like it did in the past. Get out and cheer the rabbits and lets get them pumped up in any way we can.

Comment

Another painful game to listen to. Only redeeming factor so far is that Bellevue is playing as badly as SDSU. 13-10 SDSU with 4:47 left in the first half. SDSU is 5-25 shooting 1-11 from 3 pt range, Bellevue is 4-17 and haven't tried a 3.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

22-20 SDSU at the half.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

31-20 State.

Blow 'em out, Rabbits!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oh-oh, here come the Bruins, 31-26.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU leads 53-38. Wow, not a pretty game, but we will take the win.

Comment

63-53, we get the win.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

1,023 attendance. Not good for SDSU but not bad for the record we have this year.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It was good to see Andy Kleinjan play a good on offense this evening. If we can get him to consistantly hit outside shots, that will only make things easier for for Beran and Loney on the inside.

Comment

I think at this point the guys need to just loosen up and play the game. The horrid shooting in the first half just screams "tight". For some reason that's how they've been coming out at the beginning of games. Fortunately, they had an opponent tonight who came out just as tight, and the Jacks finally got on a bit of a roll coming out of halftime.

On another note, is it just me or did the Jacks coverage in the Argus just evaporate or what? I didn't see any stories in the online edition about Morningside (thankfully) or about Bellevue.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Never thought that game was going to end....I am sure glad Nagy got back to his old self, barking at the officials stomping his feet, calling time-outs.....Just seemed to me he had more fire and it carried over to the players.

On the flip-side Bellevue is bad.  It was like watching a girls HS game.  More Turnovers & Airballs than baskets in the 1st half.  

Kleinjan was a bright spot in the second half, that's for sure.

A win is a win and I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                          On another note, is it just me or did the Jacks coverage in the Argus just evaporate or what?  I didn't see any stories in the online edition about Morningside (thankfully) or about Bellevue.
                          Be careful what you ask for. I think in the case of the men's BB team this year no pub is better than negative pub.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                          X