Coaches Radio Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches Radio Show

The Basketball Coaches show (Scott and AJ) will debut on the Jackrabbit Radio Network today at 5 pm.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Re: Coaches Radio Show

Did I hear Tyler say that Cubby's was going to have the SDSU vs. SUU Men's game on TV?

Comment

He did say that the ORU game will be on fox sports central (617 directv, 316 Midcontinent)
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
        Did I hear Tyler say that Cubby's was going to have the SDSU vs. SUU Men's game on TV?
        Last season when you purchased the video package on goJacks.com.,many of the road conference games were included. Does anyone know if that will be the case this year ?

Comment

It is pretty much a case by case basis. So far this year we haven't had much luck. I think it has a lot to do with the host team having the same website provider (Neulion) that we do. Then the host school has to agree to share the feed.

Comment

It is a key element of the GoJacks to broadcast AWAY games. Without that, why would most locals subscribe? If all you get is the audio broadcast, then you listen to WNAX, not the internet. Seems to me that SDSU/Neulion needs to establish a commitment that ALL conference games are available. Then make SDSU's broadcasts available to the other school's subscribers. I shouldn't have to pay another school for the priviledge of watchng the Jacks when I've already subscribed to GoJacks.

Comment

I certainly agree with you but those other schools surely aren't. It is potential revenue for them. Even if 2-3 people buy the single game at $10/person that is $20-30 they wouldn't get if they just gave away the feed for free.

Comment

It seems to me that most OOC games are home and home games,arrangements could be made then for sharing the feed.All conference games are home and home also.

The question then becomes,what's the best way to keep and expand your revenues,increasing value or decreasing value to the consumer?

I think you increase demand,and therefore revenue,by increasing value to the cosumer.It just forces people away when it's perceived they're trying to squeeze blood out of every turnip they can lay their hands on.I think,sadly, that marketing schemes follow more of the latter than the former, nowdays it seems.

Loss from charging say $ 10.00 on a game to each person wanting to do that,can be more than compensated for if word of mouth gets out that Jackrabbit extra is such a good deal,and you sell more subscriptions.It means more rvenue for the school and more value to the consumer,a win, win, situation(everyones happy) as opposed to a short term win vs long term lose situation.

No matter how much money you spend marketing it,a poor product is still a poor product,and it's only a matter of time before people begin to realize that.It's short sighted to try and grab everything you can now,while suffering consequences eventually.It's easier to sell something everyone likes rather than trying to convince people somethings a good value when it's not.

i'd make it easy rather than hard on myself, and come up with the best product i could at the most affordable price i could, and still be profitable while expanding services to more people, rather than charging more to fewer people.The idea being the more people who follow SDSU athletics, the better.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-03-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

So far we've had 2 road conference games and 1 has been streamed (WIU) on GoJacks while the other one did not (IUPUI).

I believe the opponent has to (or won't do unless they) have Neulion as their website provider in order for GoJacks.com to pick up their stream. I'm not overly technical, but I believe it has something to do with the media player used by the provider.

The Summit League teams that use Neulion currently are SDSU, NDSU, ORU, UMKC, SUU, and WIU. The non-Neulion league members are IPFW (Sidearm Sports), IUPUI (Sidearm Sports), Oakland (CBS Sports Interactive), and USD (AmericanEagle.com).

Also of note, GoJacks.com generally won't list conference away games that they may pick up on the media player until they are positive they'll get the stream, so it doesn't always so up on the live events schedule until close to game time.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Is there a way to view the coaches show after the fact? I can't find it on GoJacks this morning. Thanks!!

Comment

Just read on go jacks that all four road games this week will be streamed live for those who subscribe to Jackrabbit Extra.Men on Thur at Cedar City ,Utah.Both men and women on Sat at ORU,and women at SUU on Mon.

Comment

Working...
                      X