Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Large Tusked Elephants

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Also congrats to coach for getting win number 300. He could have left us as we went D1 and gotten to 300 wins much faster with out those rough losing seasons but I think its paid off and coach has one heck of a team that if they want could take him dancing. If we keep shooting like this scoring 90 points a game with a much improved D. This could be a special year. Now let's go win 301 friday.
    I don't want to take anything away from Coach Nagy. I too am happy to seem him reach 300 wins. I cant help reminding myself that a coach from Doane College in Nebraska had crossed the 300 or 400 mark, and when asked about it by the media, his reply was " It only means you have been around for a long time". So has Coach Nagy. He is starting to age some but I hope we have him for a long time and he picks up his 400th win soon.

Comment

To get 100 wins will require a minimum of 4 seasons, and more likely 5-6 seasons. Suspect that Nagy hit 200 wins at the end of the D-II era (haven't checked). It was a rough transition, but it feels like Jacks Basketball may be back into it's winning ways that most of us alumni are used to seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        Nice game for White and Carlson. I am expecting Brayden's production to really improve over the next half year. The young man has some skills. He can get to the basket, and he has a nice jump shot. He just needs to be more confident.

Go Jacks!
        Wasn't it awhile back, someone posted that Carlson wasn't a Div I bball player? He is playing well and should only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Wasn't it awhile back, someone posted that Carlson wasn't a Div I bball player? He is playing well and should only get better.
          I was thinking this exact thing last night and although I didn't say it on here, I was skeptical as well. He's not going to be a star, but he's going to be a major role player for his next few years. I thought Chad White played very well last night too. If he had a little more lateral quickness to defend better, he'd be one hell of a player.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            I was thinking this exact thing last night and although I didn't say it on here, I was skeptical as well. He's not going to be a star, but he's going to be a major role player for his next few years. I thought Chad White played very well last night too. If he had a little more lateral quickness to defend better, he'd be one hell of a player.
            I wasn't skeptical...in a post this fall before the season started:

Re: Sporting News picks Jacks #3 in the Summit

I believe Brayden Carlson is going to surprise a lot of you. Understand, when I say that, that I believe the Jacks as a team will be much better than last year -- across the board. Will we miss Clint and Dale...absolutely. But improvement by a large number of players on this team, and the addition of some talented freshmen, will more than make up for our loss IMO.

Seeing Brayden play now tells me that coaches see a lot in players that fans don't see when they are recruiting. I think Brayden's signing didn't command as much attention as other signees in his class. His emergence is really helping the team. And on a related note: I've been waiting (and wishing) for Chad White to show up at the level where I thought he could play after watching him in high school. I think he's getting there!

Comment

With Don Jacobsen being his grand Uncle? Not sure, plus his dad was a Hamlin Charger, he has good basketball blood in those veins. Dont look now, but his pedigree is showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                With Don Jacobsen being his grand Uncle? Not sure, plus his dad was a Hamlin Charger, he has good basketball blood in those veins. Dont look now, but his pedigree is showing.
                Yes, familiar w/ his dad (Gary), whom in his own right was a very good basketball player.

Comment

He is playing really well right now - and is fun to watch. That step back 3 he made last night was fantastic...I hope he keeps that level of confidence up offensively going forward. He has a real pretty shot...most of the threes he made last night didn't even touch rim/net going in. If we can get that type of production from the two spot, we'll be tough to beat.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I felt in high school he single handedly helped brookings have some good seasons. Didn't feel like he had much help around him and if I recall hearing would get doubled teamed a lot but always scored effectively and handeled the ball well.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The 2009 recruiting class is probably the most pivotal class in terms of success in the D1 era. Wolters and Carlson weren't considered D1 players but 3 years later there is 3 starters and 6th man from that class. I ditto Jacks#1Fan in that coaches see things in players that the average fan doesn't see. I guess this ends the debate if Nagy can coach and recruit at the D1 level.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I'm surprise by how damn quick his release is. I think said somewhere else on here that him and Griff are our two best on ball defenders. I love watching him play.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                        X