Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Large Tusked Elephants

IPFW vs. SDSU, 7pm in Brookings tonight

SDSU comes in 10-4 (2-0) and IPFW is 7-4 (1-1). They've beated UNO twice and USD once and also have a win over Valparaiso. Losses were to Purdue, Iowa, Xavier, and UMKC. They are a very beatable team and are a must win if the Jacks want any chance at winning the conference this year.

Hopefully a good crowd shows up tonight to cheer the men on. I think the Jacks win 84-69. The team should all be healthy and well rested and hopefully they can shake off some rust for the game Friday night. Hopefully Smoothjack was able to hold over the flight in Chicago as long as possible and they'll be tired. Apparently IPFW was in Chicago O'Hare airport for an extra 5 hour layover yesterday.

Link to IPFW Men's Basketball Site: http://www.gomastodons.com/index.aspx?path=mbball

Summit Madness Preview: http://www.summitmadness.com/

TV's Summit Update 12/28 (today): http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ll|text|Home|p

Mastadon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastodon
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: GDT: Large Tusked Elephants

Thanks for the wiki, it was a pretty good read!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111228/SPORTS/111229724

a
      lso

http://www.wane.com/dpp/sports/colle...ecember-26-rki

Comment

Go Jacks! I'm pumped for this game, wish I could make the trip.

Comment

Vegas is apparently confident in our Rabbits. SDSU -13.

Comment

Just arrived at the Hampton . . . there are Mastodons everywhere . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Excited to watch the Summit unfold with intersting games happening all over the conference (men's and women's) for 4 days straight. I'll be tuning in to the Jacks games via Jackrabbit Extra. They better have video feeds at these home games..... This feels like a big weekend for both SDSU teams.

Comment

Filbert's favorite opponent.

Sometimes I wonder if he doesn't cheer for IPFW when we play them, he likes them that much.

Will be there with the daughter.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Just arrived at the Hampton . . . there are Mastodons everywhere . . .
                  Had a Mastodon (old fossil) working the breakfast buffet when I was through this fall.

Comment

I'll try not to embarrass your daughter too much.
                    Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    Filbert's favorite opponent.Sometimes I wonder if he doesn't cheer for IPFW when we play them, he likes them that much.Will be there with the daughter.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm in no man's land. Anyone got an update?
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

39-32 Jacks 3:30 left in the first half

SDSU's on the ball defense is about as bad as I've seen it. No ball pressure and guys are driving by them. The feet are stuck in the mud. They should be up at least 15 right now.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Actually, the defense is really pathetic. If they pick it up they'll win going away. If not, IPFW will stay in this game.

Comment

Love the killer bees wwf pro wrestling refrence from Tyler trying to sub players in. I use to love those guys as a kid.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Who is the red head guy from the dead elephants from the last few years. I dont like that guy, not sure why.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X