No announcement yet.

Oakland: Biggest home game in D-1 era?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland: Biggest home game in D-1 era?

Just posing the question but is this week's game with Oakland bigger than the resumption of DakotaDoomsday with the Ew?

Re: Oakland: Biggest home game in D-1 era?

Yes, I agree, HUGE must win at home, I think this game could tell us a lot about the team, i am excited to go!

Comment

Hopefully the players arent thinking about Friday nights game before Wed. game against IPFW. Or it wont be such a big home game.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyRabbitFoot View Post
        Yes, I agree, HUGE must win at home, I think this game could tell us a lot about the team, i am excited to go!
        Big game...yes. A huge, must win game...no.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

All conference home games are must wins starting with IPFW.

Comment

The Oakland game is clearly one of the two biggest home conference games of the season. The other being Oral Roberts. The USD game will be big in terms of interest and attendance but USD is not eligible for the Summit Conf tournament. So, let me ask this! Do the USD games count in terms of confernce standings? If so they a win or loss would impact the seating at the Summit Tourney.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Just posing the question but is this week's game with Oakland bigger than the resumption of DakotaDoomsday with the Ew?
              No. I think IPFW is. I know it seems silly. All eyes are on this team now, even nationally. A stumble. A fall. A poor performance against IPFW(i.e. loss) and that balloon deflates pretty fast(especially around here). "Oh it was a mirage." "They got lucky" "UW just had a bad game". It's been 10 days since the Husky win and there are a lot of burning questions. Do they deserve the hype? Or is it same old Jackrabbit sports, get you feeling pretty good then rip your heart out the next outing(most recently: UND then UND). Is NATER GONNA NATE?

After IPFW then OAKLAND becomes the Biggest Home Game. After that whoever is on the schedule. Live in the moment a little.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                The Oakland game is clearly one of the two biggest home conference games of the season. The other being Oral Roberts. The USD game will be big in terms of interest and attendance but USD is not eligible for the Summit Conf tournament. So, let me ask this! Do the USD games count in terms of confernce standings? If so they a win or loss would impact the seating at the Summit Tourney.

GBGBGJ
                If I remember correctly from when we were in transition, their games count in the standings but USD is not eligible for the post-season tourney.

Comment

Oakland still is a good team,but the two players that were a nightmare for us to match up with - Benson and Hudson - are gone,and are replaced with two red-shirt freshmen,and a true freshman post player. Hamilton and Bader are good,but we can match up with them. It was the inside scoring and rebounding that killed the Jacks in the three games last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post

GBGBGJ
                    I would add NDSU in there - how many years since the Jacks have beaten the Bison ?

Comment

I won't forget the debacle at Grand Forks. We've proved we can lay an egg with the best of 'em. So, I'm looking forward to the IPFW game -- the most important game facing us right now, and watching the 'get-down-to-business-early' start followed by the 'walk-off-the-court-like-we've-been-there-before' finish used in the game at Washington.

Comment

Certainly there are a few games that you circle when a schedule comes out and Oakland, NDSU, and ORU are the ones that catch my eye. I guess that other game gets my interest as well.

If we want to move up in the conference then those are the three teams to beat. Oakland and ORU because they are the top teams and NDSU because we just haven't found a way to beat them in a long, long time.

It's a boring approach and probably over-cliched but the Stig approach is the way to go. IPFW is the most important thing until after the game tomorrow. Then Oaklan is the most important thing until that game is over.

Let's go 1-0 in conference!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

In my opinion, the next home game is the biggest home game in the DI era.

Over the DI era, Jackrabbit basketball shows the following progression:

One step forward, two steps back.
                          One step forward, one step back.
                          Two steps forward, one step back.
                          One step forward, followed by another step forward.

In my opinion, we are still in the two steps forward (IUPUI on the road, smoking UND), one step back (getting smoked by UND). I watched the UND game online, and we looked as bad as we ever have in the DI era. If we play that bad against Oakland, we will lose by 50.

IMO, if we sweep IPFW and Oakland, we have entered the one step forward, followed by another phase.

Guarantee if the team is looking forward to Oakland, they lose on Wednesday.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Got my tickets purchased today... will be attending with my boys in tow.

Hope it's a good one, and we can come out on top.

Comment

Up to this point it might be the biggest game, because I think this is the season We can possibly make it to the next level and with all of the freshman we have on the roster. We should only get better as the year goes on as long as we can stay healthy. I think If we can win this home game we will beable to give oral roberts and oakland a run for the conference and with only one senior we should be able to do the same next year. All of this should help in recruiting and creating a d1 tradition of winning like our womens team has.

Comment

Working...
                              X