Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cousy Award nominees announced. Nate Wolters not among them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cousy Award nominees announced. Nate Wolters not among them.

I thought somebody would have posted this already, but I didn't see it:

The Bob Cousy Award nominees were announced yesterday. The Cousy Award honors the nation's best point guard and nominees come from all divisions of basketball. One D1 point guard last year (per TV's tweet yesterday) averaged 19 points and 6 assists. He is the same guy who just put 34 and 5 (and 5 boards) on two nominees from UW two days ago: Nate Wolters.

And Nate is not among the 64 nominees. That list includes two other Summit League guards, Reggie Hamilton from Oakland and Stephen Thomas from IUPUI. It also includes both Wroten and Gaddy from UW who were taken to school by Wolters the day before the nominees were announced.

Unbelievable. Wouldn't they have consulted conference offices before putting that list together? Surely somebody from the Summit would have mentioned a conference player-of-the-year candidate. Or not. At any rate, it's a pretty embarrassing error from the Basketball Hall of Fame that sponsors the award.

http://www.hoophall.com/news/2011/12...ard-candi.html
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: Cousy Award nominees announced. Nate Wolters not among them.

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    I thought somebody would have posted this already, but I didn't see it:

The Bob Cousy Award nominees were announced yesterday. The Cousy Award honors the nation's best point guard and nominees come from all divisions of basketball. One D1 point guard last year (per TV's tweet yesterday) averaged 19 points and 6 assists. He is the same guy who just put 34 and 5 (and 5 boards) on two nominees from UW two days ago: Nate Wolters.

And Nate is not among the 64 nominees. That list includes two other Summit League guards, Reggie Hamilton from Oakland and Stephen Thomas from IUPUI. It also includes both Wroten and Gaddy from UW who were taken to school by Wolters the day before the nominees were announced.

Unbelievable. Wouldn't they have consulted conference offices before putting that list together? Surely somebody from the Summit would have mentioned a conference player-of-the-year candidate. Or not. At any rate, it's a pretty embarrassing error from the Basketball Hall of Fame that sponsors the award.

http://www.hoophall.com/news/2011/12...ard-candi.html
    Absolutely agree JJ! I can't believe they didn't include Nate, even though he hasn't gotten a lot of national publicity...you would think after his sophomore year showing, he would get some looks this year. Effing unbelievable.

Comment

According to the FakeNateWolters Twitter account the Cousy Award goes to the best point guard in the country not named Nate Wolters.

Ahhhh, now I understand.

Comment

At least someone took notice on a national level that Nate was left of the list:

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blo...83066/33953214
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over this since 99% of these awards are a joke anyway. The only thing that I care about Nate winning is the Summit League Tournament MVP in back to back seasons starting this year.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I think the Cousy Award is actually one of the premier awards out there. It's given by the actual Hall of Fame.

Last year the selection committee left off Wisconsin's Jordan Taylor from its watch list, who was an elite guard last year. Many media outlets and Wisconsin fans lobbied hard for his inclusion, and the HOF made the amendment. The same should be done for Wolters. It is a travesty that he is not on this list. Stephen Thomas is a good player, but it is unforgivable that he is on the list and Wolters is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopsdude18 View Post
              I think the Cousy Award is actually one of the premier awards out there. It's given by the actual Hall of Fame.

Last year the selection committee left off Wisconsin's Jordan Taylor from its watch list, who was an elite guard last year. Many media outlets and Wisconsin fans lobbied hard for his inclusion, and the HOF made the amendment. The same should be done for Wolters. It is a travesty that he is not on this list. Stephen Thomas is a good player, but it is unforgivable that he is on the list and Wolters is not.
              If it is such an elite award, then the HOF should take some time and actually research the players. Including 60 players is a joke in itself, but then to omit players like Taylor? It has lost credibility with me.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
              X