Nagyisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagyisms

Over the years, Coach has made some hilarious comments as well as some very thoughtful, deep comments. He's not spouting them off all the time but when he does, I think we have to start recording some of those comments for posterity. (Since the action is fast, these may not be exact quotes but they're pretty-darned close).

From a 2011 post-game interview, either Niagara win or Sam Houston win:

I tell my guys if I'm not yelling at you, then you're not playing so they'd better hope I'm yelling at them.

From SDSU's 82-76, 2011 season-opener win over Western Michigan:

Nagy draws a technical foul for 'giving advice' to the ref. He pulls the ref aside for a consultation: Nagy: "What'd I say to get that?" Ref: "It wasn't what you said, it was how you said it. You were yelling at me." Nagy: "Yelling? You call that yelling? You're lucky you don't play for me."

From today's 93-72 win over the University of Washington (12/18/11):

Nagy conferring with one of the refs after a Jackrabbit had been charged with a foul: Nagy: "You counting fouls in this game?" Ref: "No, I don't pay attention to that." Nagy: "Look, we have seven and they have two." Ref: "Oh, I didn't see that." Nagy: "Yeah, I know, you need to start looking."

Re: Nagyism

Add your own...they have to be reasonably verifiable.

Comment

Working...
    X