GDT: U of Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: U of Washington

Most fans of schools like UW just can't comprehend losses like the one they had to South Dakota State today. It's such a rarity that they don't deal with it a lot, and the SDSUs of the world are so far from their radar that it makes it even more unbelievable/impermissible to them.

And that's why I love these wins so much

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      The comments are incredible. This is a big surprise to the Dawgs. I dont think we have ever experienced a bigger win with the exception of beating Iowa State a few years back. It helps to forget the egg laid in Grand Forks.
      We beat Iowa last year in Iowa City - So for those keeping score at home, the last few years the Jacks have wins over - Big 12, Big 10, and PAC 10 - nice!

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask.../post/16506106

Here's some nice comments from Romar
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Romar's such a nice guy.
          Great moments are born from great opportunities.
          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            My favorite thing comming out of this game is,according to TV's live chat,the press out there gave the Jacks no respect at all,...
            I think it was JimmyJack, in a post a few days ago commenting on the Xavier v Cincinnati boxing max, stating he was tired of the "we get no respect" B.S. (which, in the context of the Xavier v Cincinnati game, meant they were being 'disrepected' in an urban sense, tantamount to a call to arms and the fight was on). So, I try to be charitable when reading the comments by UW fans. Let's face it -- it's a lack of familiarity with us and a general knowledge that the Summit League is some conference that is not a power conference. If we play UW each year for the next two or three years, winning each of those games, and the fans still say the same thing, then it would be clear we are not getting any respect and in that case, we could only conclude there was something wrong with the intelligence of those fans. HOWEVER, this was a first meeting between the two teams. Those fans just knew nothing about us. If we played a team from a lower conference that we knew nothing about, well, some of our fans may be prone to saying the same things.

For the UW fans who were compelled to comment in the newspaper: we've been properly introduced. How do you like us now?

Comment

Once we get to the tournament a time or two, people will stop reacting to a loss to SDSU like they just lost to a junior college (or Canisius.) You have to earn respect. Lots more for this team to accomplish.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Fiegen is a bit of an unsung hero in this game. He played 38 minutes hard. He was a key to some great defensive moments. His 10 points and 5 rebounds occurred at critical points in the game which helped keep UW from getting a run going and getting back into the game.

Comment

CBS sports giving Nate a lot of love:

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blo...83066/33944497
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

I think the law of averages finally kicked in on our shooting. We have been shooting 25-35% from the three point line for so long that we had to have a breakout shooting game soon and it was a good time to have it kick in. I think the only other game I can remember when we shot well was the blow out against UND. I think this team has the talent to be averaging about 45% from beyound the arc and we had an average booster today.

Comment

The comments by many of the UW fans in the Washington newspaper are, overall, incredibly dismissive of SDSU. What ignorance. What arrogance. It's like they thought UW was entitled to victory because, after all, it was UW vs. some school they've never heard of and never bothered to learn anything about. What a sweet, sweet victory for the Jacks.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

And how does that comparative score thing go again ? The Jacks beat Washington by 19, and Duke beat the Huskies by 6,so therefore the Jacks would beat the Dukies by.....

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          And how does that comparative score thing go again ? The Jacks beat Washington by 19, and Duke beat the Huskies by 6,so therefore the Jacks would beat the Dukies by.....
                          I suppose UND could claim an even bigger margin over Washington using comparative scores. SDSU 70 UND 89
                          SDSU 92 Wash 73. Hmm a 38 pt margin of victory. Just kidding.

Comment

Anyone know where I can watch highlights of the game? Wasn't able to watch it.

Comment

Watch for replays, mango. It was on live on knology in this region. Then it was on Midco 620 at about 6:30.

Comment

Reading the comments on espn.com is hilarious. A couple of people bet the under. Anyone that is confident about betting the under in a game we play in should not be betting on college sports.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X