Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kai Williams returning to South Dakota

Per Terry Vandrovec's Twitter:

Pending league approval, the Skyforce will add F Kai Williams, making him the first former SDSU player in the NBA D-League. Home game Tues.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Kai Williams returning to South Dakota

That is cool, looks like I may go to my first Skyforce game since the '90s

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      That is cool, looks like I may go to my first Skyforce game since the '90s
      Ditto.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Good for him

Comment

There we go. I gotta reason to go to a skyforce game
          Great moments are born from great opportunities.
          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

"Back in THE day" - Nite City used to offer a free drink with a game ticket after Skyforce games.

To anyone that I ripped a ticket from your hand - "I'm sorry". We usually used it to get "primed" and then hit the Pomp Room. Those days are LONG gone for this old dog.

However, it adds a little interest and reason to perhaps take my little ones to a Skyforce game this year. Way to go Kai! Welcome back!!!

Comment

Awesome news. I may hit a Skyforce game or two as well.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Kai has been having some Visa issues with the D-League. Doesn't look good for him to be playing with the Skyforce in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Kai has been having some Visa issues with the D-League. Doesn't look good for him to be playing with the Skyforce in the near future.
                  Thanks, I was wondering why he wasn't showing up on their roster yet.

Comment

Maybe try coming from mexico. That seems strange, that athletes or work visas, its such a hassel. and I know bands have had problems coming across. Like on a national tour and were in the US, then hit canada for a few shows and came back down and got stopped for a few days before they could come back in the US.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Why won't a passport work? Is it because he is working that he needs a visa? This happens all of the time in baseball, every spring training every team has 2-3 that have to go spend a week in Canada getting everything figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        Why won't a passport work? Is it because he is working that he needs a visa? This happens all of the time in baseball, every spring training every team has 2-3 that have to go spend a week in Canada getting everything figured out.
                        He needs a work visa. When I lived/worked in Australia, in order for me to be in the country for an extended period of time I needed to have a work visa. It took me over a month to get all of my paperwork through.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          He needs a work visa. When I lived/worked in Australia, in order for me to be in the country for an extended period of time I needed to have a work visa. It took me over a month to get all of my paperwork through.
                          Thats what I thought, I suppose he had a student visa when he went to school here. For some reason I was thinking he was a duel-citizen.

Comment

Thats what I thought, I suppose he had a student visa when he went to school here. For some reason I was thinking he was a duel-citizen.
                            He's a dual citizen for Canada & England I believe. Not he US.

Hope there is still a spot for him once he get's it all figured out.

Comment

...For some reason I was thinking he was a duel-citizen.
                              I think the first "duel-citizens" of note in this country were Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                              X