Fightin' North Dakotans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightin' North Dakotans

I see the official athletic website for UND is still listed as www.FightingSioux.com and I suppose we'll hear their fans, if some show up, yell "Sioux" at the end of the National Anthem. Pretty clever bunch.

Saturday's tip-off is 7:30 p.m. (follows the 5:00 women's game, SDSU v Kansas State).

Here's a link to the pre-game story on UND's website: http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArt...B_OEM_ID=13500
    UND is 4-4 on the season, 0-3 on the road, 4-1 at home. Here's the record leading up to this game:

W Waldorf 93-62
    W Idaho State 63-47
    L at Bradley 69-78
    W Montana 88-81 (OT)
    L Western Illinois 62-65
    W Jamestown 74-66
    L at Idaho State 63-76
    L at UMKC 75-78

Re: Fightin' North Dakotans

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I see the official athletic website for UND is still listed as www.FightingSioux.com and I suppose we'll hear their fans, if some show up, yell "Sioux" at the end of the National Anthem. Pretty clever bunch.

Saturday's tip-off is 7:30 p.m. (follows the 5:00 women's game, SDSU v Kansas State).

Here's a link to the pre-game story on UND's website: http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArt...B_OEM_ID=13500
    UND is 4-4 on the season, 0-3 on the road, 4-1 at home. Here's the record leading up to this game:

W Waldorf 93-62
    W Idaho State 63-47
    L at Bradley 69-78
    W Montana 88-81 (OT)
    L Western Illinois 62-65
    W Jamestown 74-66
    L at Idaho State 63-76
    L at UMKC 75-78
    There are some die hard basketball fans who will no doubt make the trip down, but most will not come in Gold and Green buses and be rowdy, but rather subdued watching the game with interest. Right now its got to be hard to be a UND alum with all this logo crap getting in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

W Waldorf 93-62
      W Idaho State 63-47
      L at Bradley 69-78
      W Montana 88-81 (OT)
      L Western Illinois 62-65
      W Jamestown 74-66
      L at Idaho State 63-76
      L at UMKC 75-78

Thanks for doing this stuff JD. I'll be really disappointed if they don't take it to UND.

Regarding the Whioux name, the school has officially moved on. It's going to take the fans and alumni awhile to get used to it (probably 15-20 years).
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Doesn't UND use a darker green and white. Kelly green and gold (yellow) is Bison colors. Really surprised that there isn't more contrast between UND/NDSU. Altho, in the NCC days, Augie and State colors are very close to the same.

Comment

NDSU is forest green and sunflower yellow
          UND is kelly green, pink and white

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            Doesn't UND use a darker green and white. Kelly green and gold (yellow) is Bison colors. Really surprised that there isn't more contrast between UND/NDSU. Altho, in the NCC days, Augie and State colors are very close to the same.
            I believe Nidaros was poking fun at the Bison when he said " but most will not come in Gold and Green buses and be rowdy", in reference to a couple years ago when a bunch of Bison fans came to Frost via a party bus and were quite vocal throughout the game. I'm sure he'll verify whether I interpreted him correctly.

Personally, I don't mind the Bison fans showing up at Frost being a little liquored up. It adds to game atmosphere and keeps the Jacks crowd on their toes as well.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

W Waldorf 93-62
              Which Waldorf? The salad, the hotel or the muppet?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                There are some die hard basketball fans who will no doubt make the trip down, but most will not come in Gold and Green buses and be rowdy, but rather subdued watching the game with interest. Right now its got to be hard to be a UND alum with all this logo crap getting in the way.
                Gold and Green are NDSU Colors bud...I think UND uses a darker green and a white
                Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  Personally, I don't mind the Bison fans showing up at Frost being a little liquored up. It adds to game atmosphere and keeps the Jacks crowd on their toes as well.
                  It is kind of sad that it takes a bunch of drunk southern Canadians to get the Frost crowd to stay pumped for a basketball game.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

UND hockey hosts Nebraska-Omaha in hockey on Saturday at 7:07 p.m. so if anything it will only be friends and family of UND players at this game cheering for their nameless team.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      It is kind of sad that it takes a bunch of drunk southern Canadians to get the Frost crowd to stay pumped for a basketball game.

does the pep band know "O Canada"?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        The Jacks crowd would have been pretty vocal without them, but as the old saying goes: "competition brings out the best in people"... or worst in some cases.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          The Jacks crowd would have been pretty vocal without them, but as the old saying goes: "competition brings out the best in people"... or worst in some cases.
                          "O Canada," That's it. That's all I know. I won't be of much help to the pep band when I get to SDSU :P
                          Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            does the pep band know "O Canada"?
                            Well, they've had the same playlist since I was a freshman in the Pride, so I highly doubt it.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                              Gold and Green are NDSU Colors bud...I think UND uses a darker green and a white
                              And pink.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X