SW Minn State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SW Minn State

1,918 attendance for a single Tuesday night game against a lower level opponent. Not bad, IMO.

Can we expect 3000 for Saturday night against UND in a double header? Maybe even over 3500 with the women playing K State?
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Fun to see a game again. I liked that the student section was full, but man was it boring and quiet. Hopefully it improves for other games.

Oh, and that tall skinny ref was awful last night. Missed some pretty blatant calls that he was right in front of (charge/block on Chad White and Heemstra getting hacked) and called ridiculous hand checks all night. That dude sucked at his job.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Student section had bodies in it but I don't think they were STUDENTS. Plenty of adults setting in that section. Hopefully the students come out Saturday for the double header?

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Fun to see a game again. I liked that the student section was full, but man was it boring and quiet. Hopefully it improves for other games.

Oh, and that tall skinny ref was awful last night. Missed some pretty blatant calls that he was right in front of (charge/block on Chad White and Heemstra getting hacked) and called ridiculous hand checks all night. That dude sucked at his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          Student section had bodies in it but I don't think they were STUDENTS. Plenty of adults setting in that section. Hopefully the students come out Saturday for the double header?

GBGBGJ
          I was in the middle section and that section and the one to the left of it was mostly students. Didn't look to the right.

Comment

Nate had 28 minutes. Was spelled mostly by Zach Monaghan, who had a pretty good showing.

Comment

I was very impressed with Monaghan. He's got good speed, handles the ball extremely well, can penetrate on the dribble. He could stand to gain a little muscle, but he is still pretty well defined.... Seems like he's the heir to Nate at point guard.

Comment

Originally posted by BKXD View Post
                I was very impressed with Monaghan. He's got good speed, handles the ball extremely well, can penetrate on the dribble. He could stand to gain a little muscle, but he is still pretty well defined.... Seems like he's the heir to Nate at point guard.
                Nagy has it made it clear that is his expectation.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I also was impressed with his play. He's fearless out there. Sometimes it looked like he was driving without an idea of he was going to do, but that happens with young players.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    The slow start was a consequence of a lack of intensity on the defensive end. When that picked up we started rolling and SWMS was powerless to stop the Jackrabbits.
                    I believe the slow start was a result of being tired after a lengthy road trip.

Comment

The three freshmen who are playing (Prince, Monaghan, and Horstman) are all really good. Nice job of recruiting by the coaching staff.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                      X