@ iupui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: @ iupui

Young hit some tuff threes in the last few minutes of regulation. It had nothing to do with the lack of Jacks defense in the last 5 minutes. The first win in the Jungle and the team proved they are not going to throw in the towel when things get ruff.

Comment

(this is rough...hard to keep up with the interview)

POST GAME WITH NAGY:
      Frustrating to be up 13 at the half...same as last year so that was talked about at half time.
      Didn't take care of ball late
      But Young hit some tough shots.
      I was really proud of we didn't get down, fouled the right guy...didn't cave when things didn't look good. That's twice this year. Really proud of the guys for that.

Tyler comments on Young v. Wolters...Young: what do you do about those shots? Nagy: they were tough shots, fortunately those last two he wore down and as tired. Any conference road win...better be happy. The nice thing is we didn't play good but we finally shot the ball from three, ... have Jordan back, didn't have his legs but he gives us more punch.

Best Brayden played by far. Really proud of him.

Prince and Monaghan ....played like freshman, little nervous about starting those two freshman...helped to have Nate and Grif and Brayden around when they started. Thought both teams were flat. We have to do a better job of taking care of the ball, didn't like 14 turnovers -- they didn't pressure us that much.

Western Illinois: Nagy says Jim (Mollinari) does a good job, they'll play slow and make you grind it, not great offensively and they know it so they hang their hat on defense.

Comment

Still giving up 54 poims in the second half coach will not be pleased about that. I however will because we won.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Nagy comments:

Didn't play good, but shot well to make the difference.

Dykstra added a big contribution.
          Carlson had his best game, needed to come off bench to be fired up after NEB game performance.

Any road conference win is a good win.

WIU will make you win on D. Not the strongest O team, but they're great on D. (discussed NDSU down 7 to WIU)

Comment

Callahan career high rebounds...good shooting.

Final stats should look pretty good...only weak spot will be 14 turnovers.

Comment

Horstsman play? I don't remember hearing his name. I figured his abiility would have done well against oooeeepoooeeee. Sorry. Couldn't resist.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Thsnks for coaches post game comments guys. And all the updates for that matter.

Comment

God what a game, I really wish I could have seen it. Past teams would have lost that one, glad to see some improvement.

Nate Griff and Dykstra with big games.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Yes. Nice win. I caught most of the second half. A lot of drama, but I guess that's what makes basketball so damn enjoyable.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

WOW.

Very nervous reading through this thread.

Way to gut it out!
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Here's the story from GoJacks.com (with a link at the top of the story to the stats):
                        http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205341150&DB_OEM _ID=15000

Comment

Horstman not listed in the stats.

Comment

Lot's of deja vu in the 2nd half of that game. It was great to see that the team did not let the loss of the big lead (and subsequent lead changes) get them down. That's a good sign.

Wolters and Young sure gave the few fans that were there a good show. Tyler was pretty fired up while calling their exchange of baskets with about 5 minutes left in the game. It sounds like they hit some ridiculous 3's. Great win for the Jacks!
                            Last edited by Southeast; 12-01-2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Youtube highlights from the game. All IUPUI plays but you get to see the bombs by Young at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsFh5...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                Youtube highlights from the game. All IUPUI plays but you get to see the bombs by Young at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsFh5...ature=youtu.be
                                I will not complain about facilities again....
                                GO TO 10
                                GO TO 10
                                GO TO 10
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X