Beran Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beran Rumor

I want to start this off by saying I don't know if there is any validity to this at all, I just want to see if anyone else has heard anything. I heard from a friend that Ben Beran might not be with us next year. The rumor is he wants to go back to the farm. I'm not even sure he is from a farm, but this is the story I've heard. I hope it's not true as Ben is a stud. MilwaukeeJack, talk to your cousin because I think he might know something about this. I doubt very much that this rumor is true or if it is I doubt very much that he would actually quit basketball to start working right now.

Re: Beran Rumor

I have heard the same rumor. He is from a farm and his dad has some health issues. His first year with the Jacks (last year) he missed the farm so much that he would go and help Andy Kleinjan's dad with farm work. Will just have to wait and see what he decides.

Comment

His father was in a tragic accident last year and I believe was paralyzed. If Ben went back to assist with the family farm operation it would not surprise me.

Comment

I didn't know that, I guess you really couldn't blame a guy for wanting to go back and help run the farm.

Comment

I hope he sticks around, but I would understand if he goes back home to help his family. The thing about Brookings and surrounding communites is that everyone is really considerate with each other. Like someone said, he missed the farm so he went to help out Andy's dad (probably had some intense pick-up games in the barn too). I'm sure there are plenty of other farmers around that could use his help and would be glad to have him

Comment

Originally posted by SDsportsFan
            I want to start this off by saying I don't know if there is any validity to this at all, I just want to see if anyone else has heard anything.  I heard from a friend that Ben Beran might not be with us next year. The rumor is he wants to go back to the farm. I'm not even sure he is from a farm, but this is the story I've heard. I hope it's not true as Ben is a stud.  MilwaukeeJack, talk to your cousin because I think he might know something about this. I doubt very much that this rumor is true or if it is I doubt very much that he would actually quit basketball to start working right now.
            As a matter of principal I don't engage in rumor. I can understand how he might be discouraged right now and why he might be thinking about heading back to the farm this summer and not coming back.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Seeing this thread reminds me of other things that have appeared here before:

AJ is going to Mankato and taking Megan Vogel with him.

Heather Seiler is transferring to USD to be near her boyfriend.

Matt Jones is going to UND.

Andy Moeller is going to Mankato.

Hey, one out of four is not too bad, but I still think it is too early to to be cought up in this.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_tracks
                Seeing this thread reminds me of other things that have appeared here before:

AJ is going to Mankato and taking Megan Vogel with him.

Heather Seiler is transferring to USD to be near her boyfriend.

Matt Jones is going to UND.

Andy Moeller is going to Mankato.

Hey, one out of four is not too bad, but I still think it is too early to to be cought up in this.
                Take it easy, I just wanted to see if anyone else heard anything. And Heather darn near did transfer to USD to be close to her boyfriend, thank god she didn't. ;D

Comment

Ben will be going home to help the family out this summer, rest assured though that he will be back and stronger then this year. Besides Andy Moeller made the right choice on leaving, b/c there is a rule in Division 1 that all medical redshirts given in D2 do not count in D1. If he would have stayed he would have lost ALL eligiblity.

Comment

I have heard the rumor, too. Since there's no way for me to know whether or not it's true, I haven't been worrying about it. Of course I hope Beran stays. He's a fine player. If he doesn't, Nagy and the team will adapt.

Comment

I sat behind Ben's uncle and aunt last year at the UNO game in Omaha. Fred Oien was sitting near me and we both had a conversation with his relatives. At that time they told us that his father was coming back from Kirksville Missouri, where they went to watch Ben's brother play for Truman State. On the way back to Victor Iowa, their SUV hit a patch of ice and turned over and Ben's father had a permanent spinal injury which has made him imobile in terms of walking lifting and by in large will be confired to a wheel chair for the remainder of his life. I was told the Berans have a fairly good sized farm operation, and Ben seemed like the like sucessor to take over the farm according to the uncle.

Obviously, Ben is looking for all the on the job training he can get by following Andy Kleinjan home. I believe the Kleinjan operation is more than a hobby farm.

Whether pressures at home have since escaluated I do not know.

rabbit4life  made some very good comments, which I think represent the truth so I going to accept his comments as true.  Its good that people who know what the truth is set all of us rumor mongers straight.

If Ben leaves, I think we can all understand.

Comment

my uncle just told me on the phone saturday night, that Beran was thinking of not coming back this year, due to the accident and him helping his dad, but his dad told him he should stay here. I don't know about these new rumors about quitting now, but last I heard, his father wanted him to stay out....I don't blame him if he leaves.

Comment

Working...
                        X