Stephenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephenson

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet.

from TV's Twitter

TerryVandrovec Terry Vandrovec

The SDSU basketball team and senior reserve PG Aireus Stephenson have parted ways, according to coach Scott Nagy. He may play elsewhere.

Good luck to Aireus.

Re: Stephenson

One less freshman to redshirt, most likely. Thank goodness we have ridiculous guard depth.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Wonder what went down. Did it happen a while ago and just get noticed now that practice is starting or something very recent?
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Well I just didn't see this working out from the beginning, especially with how little he played. So while its unfortunate I guess i'm not surprised.

Comment

Something else obviously happened. He was suspeneded from games & practice last year for at least 1 week during the middle of the season. I'm guessing he's been a short leash since and obviously it was too short for whatever happened.

Comment

Since we're making assumptions, I'll guess/assume that he saw he wasn't going to get much PT this year and left because of that.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
              Wonder what went down. Did it happen a while ago and just get noticed now that practice is starting or something very recent?
              Since its on gojacks.com and Nagy is quoted in it saying it was mutual I am guessing that it is. In the past if a kid left the team or was kicked off the coaches didn't say anything good about it if they said anything at all.

I don't know, from Twitter I was hearing good things from the coaches this summer about him, however that was before they signed Prince and Francis. My guess was they just didn't see a lot of playing time and he wanted to play somewhere. Maybe there is a school in the area that he will transfer to at semester.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                Well I just didn't see this working out from the beginning, especially with how little he played. So while its unfortunate I guess i'm not surprised.
                That would make sense to me. Otherwise, wouldn't they have said something at the end of the school year to give him the opportunity to move? Like someone else said, we are ridiculously deep at guard.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Since we're making assumptions, I'll guess/assume that he saw he wasn't going to get much PT this year and left because of that.
                  Yup. Kid probably wasn't going to see the court anyways. Best of luck to him.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I think it's because he's an undercover agent from Mars who was sent to Earth to figure out what the heck goes on inside basketball arenas, since the Martian surveillance probes are unable to penetrate the metal roofs of most arenas.

Having accomplished his task, he's been reassigned to try and figure out what the point is to golf; a sport which has long confused the Martians; they never developed the sport because their planet is one gigantic sand trap.

Comment

Working...
                    X