South Dakota High School Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakota High School Basketball

Tourney time is coming up, and we should be learning alot about any prospects coming out of this state.

I don't think a kid should get a scholarship just because he is from South Dakota, but, it's always a nice story to see a South Dakota kid succeed at the highest level.

If anyone gets any impression from the High School tourney, fire them out here.

A note from West of the river. Louie Krogman of White River has passed the 1,000 point milestone. While thats an impressive feat, it geats meatier when you find out that Krogman is just a freshman. He started playing varsity in 7th grade, and has an outside shot of setting the all time South Dakota scoring record.

That put's him in the company of the Evil Josh Mueller - here's to hoping that someone keeps in his ear about remaining humble.

Go State!!

Re: South Dakota High School Basketball

Does he know how to play defense? Of the multiple Native American teams I played against while growing up next to Chamberlain and Crow Creek, scoring was always stressed whereas defense was mostly avoided. I've heard about this kid, though, and he sounds like a gifted scorer.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Re: South Dakota High School Basketball

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
      Does he know how to play defense? Of the multiple Native American teams I played against while growing up next to Chamberlain and Crow Creek, scoring was always stressed whereas defense was mostly avoided. I've heard about this kid, though, and he sounds like a gifted scorer.
      Send the message out to all of those 6th and 7th grade kids . . . play in-your-shorts defense, develop a mid- to long-range jump shot, and you'll play college basketball somewhere (being 6'3" or over will certainly help) .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
      X