SDSU (Men's BB) 04-05 Opponents in the Big Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU (Men's BB) 04-05 Opponents in the Big Dance

UCF is well on their way (currently on ESPN2), playing Gardner-Webb for the Atlantic Sun conference championship . . . 48-34 with 7:20 remaining.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: SDSU (Men's BB) 04-05 Opponents in the Big Dan

UCF 63, G-W 54.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

UWMilwaukee plays Tuesday night on ESPN for their chance to get in to the dance. They have a team that is very fun to watch with a lot of athletes running everywhere.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Denver is playing tonight for the sunbelt conference championship. Oakland of Michigan won tonight to get to the big dance for the first time since becoming a D1 program 8 yrs ago. 7 yrs to go for the jacks

Comment

UW-Milwaukee is in, they win the Horizon League Tourney. Final Score UWM 59 - Detroit 58.

After being tied at the half Denver lost to the Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana Lafayette in the Sun Belt Championship game. Final score ULL 88 - Denver 69.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Big Sky championship tonight on ESPN 2 at 8 central.

Will be able to see former Spearfish standout Matt Martin and Montana take on Weber St.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
              Big Sky championship tonight on ESPN 2 at 8 central.

Will be able to see former Spearfish standout Matt Martin and Montana take on Weber St.

I'm sooo glad Protland St. lost last night.

Watching the Oakland game I couldn't get over how similar their BB team is too ours. A long-time coach with good success at the DII level schedules tough DI teams early in the transition knowing that in the end its about having the best team in the conference tourney that gets you to the big dance. The noticeable difference, his team hit the big shot in the end and are on their way to the big dance.

I hope we can find a conference, even if its the mid-con. I just know in few years we would compete.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

jackmd:

I was thinking those exact thoughts watching the Oakland game last night. Oakland is all anyone is talking about today because of their improbable entrance into the dance. It is that sort of dream (although I hope we make it with a better record than 12-18 when we make it) that makes the transition to D1 so great. We CAN dream about that happening. Others can't, simple as that.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Simply getting to the dance is better than 10 DII National Championships!

Comment

Admit it folks, you care just a little bit more about the Big Dance than you did last year, even if SDSU isn't anywhere near qualifying yet.

There's something about seeing multiple teams you've played making the field of 65, isn't there? Don't tell Big Jake, but I was even rooting for UMKC vs. Oakland . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                    X