X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks to play Gophers on Nov. 14 or Dec. 22

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ease_final.pdf

Re: Jacks to play Gophers on Nov. 14 or Dec. 22

Wouldn't be surprised if SDSU gets the Nov. 14 date. SDSU played at Minnesota on Dec. 23 last year.

Comment

The press release says that the Gophs will play either North Dakota or South Dakota State Nov 14 and goes on to say that they will play either North Dakota State or South Dakota State Dec 22.

So they will playing South Dakota State and either North Dakota or North Dakota State? Seems weird. Or should I just assume the UofM SID doesn't know the difference between UND and NDSU (they should by now after playing the Bison in FB)?
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
        The press release says that the Gophs will play either North Dakota or South Dakota State Nov 14 and goes on to say that they will play either North Dakota State or South Dakota State Dec 22.

So they will playing South Dakota State and either North Dakota or North Dakota State? Seems weird. Or should I just assume the UofM SID doesn't know the difference between UND and NDSU (they should by now after playing the Bison in FB)?
        On the UND board they show a game against Idaho State on Nov. 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

I would be surprised if the Gophers play UND in basketball because of the Fighting Sioux deal - they play them in hockey only because they have to because of conference affiliation.

Comment

SDSU plays the Gophers on November 14th. My brother is at a nonprofit gala in the Twin Cities right now and they're up for auction there.

Edit: And he got them. Looks like I'll be there!
            Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 09-15-2011, 07:37 PM.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'll go ahead and say it.

SDSU beats Minnesota on Nov. 14.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The Alumni Association has organized a pre-game event at Blarney Pub in Dinkeytown:

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/index.aspx?sid=1108&gid=1&pgid=2056&cid=2503&ecid= 2503&crid=0&calpgid=13&calcid=685

G
                o State!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  I'll go ahead and say it.

SDSU beats Minnesota on Nov. 14.
                  I like our chances...

Comment

Just looked at the Big Ten Network schedule - the game will not be on live,but will be shown at 1:00 pm on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Just looked at the Big Ten Network schedule - the game will not be on live,but will be shown at 1:00 pm on Wednesday.
                      Because they dont want to show the goofers lose in basketball to a lower conference school like they did in football again.
                      Last edited by goon; 11-10-2011, 04:47 PM.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That sucks though. I was hoping to drink some beer and watch the game. Hard to do that at work on Wednesday afternoon. Wonder if they will have a video feed from the Gophers website(or maybe on channelsurfing).

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Because they dont want to show the goofers lose in basketball to a lower division school like they did in football again.
                          SDSU is not in a lower division than Minnesota in basketball.

Division I is Division I for all sports except football. The BCS/FCS split is football-only. (And yes, I do recognize the reality of the difference in resources available to BCS schools and The Rest Of Us.)

I realize it takes a while for people to get their minds around the whole D-I thing, but come on, Goon, you're usually way more on top of things!

Now, if I've misinterpreted, and you're taking a shot at the almost-unlistenable Homer-boy commentators on the Big Ten Network, then I hereby apologize and say "play through, big guy, play through!"
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            SDSU is not in a lower division than Minnesota in basketball.

Division I is Division I for all sports except football. The BCS/FCS split is football-only. (And yes, I do recognize the reality of the difference in resources available to BCS schools and The Rest Of Us.)

I realize it takes a while for people to get their minds around the whole D-I thing, but come on, Goon, you're usually way more on top of things!

Now, if I've misinterpreted, and you're taking a shot at the almost-unlistenable Homer-boy commentators on the Big Ten Network, then I hereby apologize and say "play through, big guy, play through!"
                            I meant confrence. summit i would guess is ranked lower then big 10. I am going to blame the baby brain thing being a new dad. He is almost 4 months old. is there a time limit on claiming being a new dad to affect memory and such.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              I meant confrence. summit i would guess is ranked lower then big 10. I am going to blame the baby brain thing being a new dad. He is almost 4 months old. is there a time limit on claiming being a new dad to affect memory and such.
                              OK, new dad/sleep deprivation dispensation given . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X