SDSU mens elite camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU mens elite camp

Terry reported that the men are hosting their elite camp today in Brookings. He mentioned that several quality big men are on campus today. Does anyone know who showed up for camp today?

Re: SDSU mens elite camp

I don't have any inside info of who is at the camp but here are some guesses based on area players that have been on SDSU's radar.

SR C 6'9" Zach Kraning | Viborg, SD
    SR SF 6'5" Michael Busack | Redwood Falls, MN
    SR SF 6'5" Casey Schilling | Ellsworth, MN
    SR PF 6'9" Zach Huisken | Edgerton, MN
    SR PF 6'8" Kyle Bauman | Wells, MN
    JR SG 6'4" Lane Severyn | Pierre, SD
    JR PF 6'8" Zach Hanson | Pierre, SD

A couple other names that I haven't heard being linke to SDSU but have some size and are playing for the Schoolers.

SR PF 6'8" Scott Mulder | SF Lincoln, SD
    JR PF 6'8" Issac Lindquist | Milbank, SD

Comment

Ryan James (twitter.com/ryanjamesmn) has reported that the following names were at SDSU's Elite Camp:

SR G Brady Wohler - 6'2", Orono, MN
      SR G Nate Huot - 6'0", Dawson-Boyd, MN
      SR G Taylor Montero 6'4", St. Paul, MN (Cretin-Derham)
      SR F Matt Nelson 6'7", Rosemount, MN
      SR C Shea Mandli 6'8", Eagan, MN
      SR C Michael Schreiber 6'8", Rogers, MN
      JR G Garrison Gillard 6'2", St Louis Park, MN
      JR G Graham Woodward - 6'0", Edina, MN
      JR Conor Voss - 6'11", St Cloud, MN (St Cloud Cathedral)

Previously mentioned Michael Busack was at NDSU's Elite camp this week. No big surprise considering his former teammate Mike Felt is at NDSU.
      Last edited by mitchell; 06-21-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I may have missed some of these potential recruits before, but it is interesting to see Brady Wohler in the mix. I've not heard much from him before, but his dad is a legend in Minnesota high school sports. If I remember correctly, his dad was coaching at Orono. That would be a good school to get some impressions made for SDSU. They have produced some outstanding prospects, including Shelby Moats. It would be interesting to see if the younger Wohler has the same intangibles his dad had when it came to playing ball.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
          I may have missed some of these potential recruits before, but it is interesting to see Brady Wohler in the mix. I've not heard much from him before, but his dad is a legend in Minnesota high school sports. If I remember correctly, his dad was coaching at Orono. That would be a good school to get some impressions made for SDSU. They have produced some outstanding prospects, including Shelby Moats. It would be interesting to see if the younger Wohler has the same intangibles his dad had when it came to playing ball.
          Is this the Wohler dad the one who transferred to St Cloud about 1986? Seems like he played for UMinnesota before he transferred to SCSU. I recall him as a class player in the 1986 conference tourney in SF. Seems like this 1986 ST Cloud team faced off against Delta state and Coach Nagy as a player in the playoffs. If son is like father he would be a bagger for SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Is this the Wohler dad the one who transferred to St Cloud about 1986? Seems like he played for UMinnesota before he transferred to SCSU. I recall him as a class player in the 1986 conference tourney in SF. Seems like this 1986 ST Cloud team faced off against Delta state and Coach Nagy as a player in the playoffs. If son is like father he would be a bagger for SDSU.
            He is the one - Barry Wohler led Bird Island-Lake Lilian to a state championship and then played awhile for the Gophers before transferring. He was also a great baseball player and played minor league ball after being drafted by the Dodgers,if my memory is correct. I don't think he ever made the majors.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              He is the one - Barry Wohler led Bird Island-Lake Lilian to a state championship and then played awhile for the Gophers before transferring. He was also a great baseball player and played minor league ball after being drafted by the Dodgers,if my memory is correct. I don't think he ever made the majors.
              He didn't make the majors. He actually coached HS basketball in Marshall, MN for a number of years until 2004. Then he took a job at Hamline in the Twin Cities and coached there for around 4-5 years and he is now at Orono. I'm not quite sure when he went to Orono or if he did something in between but that's besides the point. I got to know him a little bit and completely agree that if his son is anything like his dad it's a great recruit. That guy is a legend in Minnesota.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
              X