X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holdren makes all-newcomer team

http://www.gojacks.com

Holdren makes all-newcomer team

South Dakota State University freshman Steve Holdren has earned a spot on the NCAA Division I Independent Men's Basketball All-Newcomer Team.

A guard/forward from Champaign, Ill., Holdren was selected for the five-player squad after averaging 12.5 points and six rebounds per game. Holdren twice earned Independent Newcomer of the Week honors during the 2004-05 season, including the final week of the regular season, when he posted a double-double of 19 points and 10 rebounds in a win over North Dakota State and added 19 points in a loss to NCAA Tournament qualifier Central Florida.

Rounding out the all-newcomer team, which was selected by coaches and sports information directors from the 10 NCAA Division I independent schools, were: Longwood (Va.) forward Lamar Barrett, IPFW forward Peter Campbell, Utah Valley State center Ben Devoe and Northern Colorado guard Sean Taibi.

Go State! ;D

Re: Holdren makes all-newcomer team

There really shouldn't have been a doubt about Steve making this list.  I believe towards the middle of the season, Steve wasn't looking at taking as many 3-points as he could have and was passing the ball more.  He is an aggressive player when it comes to driving to the basket.  It's going to be a good 3 more years of watching him play.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Welcome to the board bub94, thanks for posting.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Steve is the D1 type of player we need. One of the best that SDSU has recruited.

Comment

Working...
        X